Death Sentence? My kid washed the car with my LSU National Champs T-shirt (1 Viewer)

What to do with the LSU National Champions shirt?

• Soak it in warm, soapy water, then hand scrub it and hang it out to dry. Stains add character.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Throw it away.

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Order daughter to wash it while you stand over her and scream.

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • Hand the shirt to Wifey and say, "Woman, get this clean."

Votes: 19 30.6%

• Total voters

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
She's 17. She should know better.

She went into MY dirty clothes basket.

She got MY white LSU 2003 National Champions T-shirt.

She washed the car with it...scrubbed the rims...wiped down the tires...everything.

She left the T-shirt in a pail of dirty water out on the carport.

When I found it, my beloved shirt was gray with grime and had black and brown brake dust and tire rubber streaks on it.

This isn't a matter of determining guilt. This is a matter of determining sentence.

What say ye?

Ever had a well-meaning friend/relative destory a favorite item?

Death....

Or she could find another one brand new to replace it along with another T-shirt ....then kill her.

You should make her wear an Ole Miss shirt for a week.

Ebay. Her funds.

Dads, make her wear an Auburn Jersey for one week and then send me a photo copy of it, that will show her some humilation as per her sentence if thats what you want, since I am an Auburn fan, it will make me happy to see her suffer.

No better yet, make her wear an Atlanta Falcons jersey for this week end's game.

that should make her learn her lesson

I don't get it. How does something like that happen?

She's 17? The shirt was in your dirty clothes hamper, which usually indicates that the garment is about to be washed for further wearings? It's an LSU National Champs shirt, not just some plain old tee shirt? And she didn't do it intentionally with malicious intent (which is what I assume you meant by "well-meaning")? How could she possibly not have known that the shirt meant something to you? Or, alternatively, how could she possibly not have noticed that it was that particular tee shirt?

Why would she pick a tee shirt out of your dirty clothes hamper in the first place? Surely she has tee shirts of her own that she no longer wears, has grown out of, etc. in the back of her closet or the bottom of one of her drawers. Or, if it had to be one of yours, surely you have a tee shirt or two in a closet or drawer somewhere that you no longer wear. Why pick from a clothes hamper containing garmets that are obviously in the current rotation? Why a tee shirt anyway? Why not an old bath or dish rag?

Seems like one hell of an unfathomable string of decisions to lead to this outcome. :huh:

when%20bad%20things%20happen.jpg

Last I checked, mst Wal-marts still carry these tshirts because there was such an abundance of them in South Louisiana, though this was more than a year ago.

It depends.
Did she wash your car or her car?
Does she usually grab t-shirts from the clothes basket to was cars?
Are you trying her as an adult?
Was she unduly pressured to wash the car, therefore using your t-shirt in a subconcious attempt to condemn and reject your iron-fisted household rule ?
Is she hot? :)

All kidding aside, if it's my kid, yes I'd be mad, but I can't be mad for long, then again, my kids aren't even 10. Especially if I know they are truly sorry for watever they destroyed. A relative outside my offspring, different story.

We're reviewing the play now.

- Kid needed $.

- Dad, watching football, said, "Wash my car, I'll give you $5.00."

- Kid haggles for $10.00.

- Dad agrees, but only if she'll vacuum the interior too and shut up and leave him alone to watch football.

- Kid agrees. Dad watches football.

- Wifey finds kid washing car with old corduroy shirt...with metal buttons.

- Horrified about the damage she'll do to the paint job, Wifey tells kid to go get one of Dad's old brown Army T-shirts from Dad's hamper...there's a dozen of them in there.

- Kid didn't hear the words "old brown Army," all she heard was "T-shirt," so she grabbed the first one she saw.

AFTER FURTHER REVIEW BY AN ALL-FEMALE OFFICIATING CREW...

- It's Dad's fault for choosing to watch a stupid football game instead of supervising and providing guidance to the daughter.

- The 2003 LSU National Champiions T-shirt is henceforth permanently assigned the new title of "Official Car Washing Rag."

Just buy a new Ohio State 2006 one this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom