Death Sentence? My kid washed the car with my LSU National Champs T-shirt (1 Viewer)

What to do with the LSU National Champions shirt?

• Soak it in warm, soapy water, then hand scrub it and hang it out to dry. Stains add character.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Throw it away.

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Order daughter to wash it while you stand over her and scream.

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • Hand the shirt to Wifey and say, "Woman, get this clean."

Votes: 19 30.6%

• Total voters
AFTER FURTHER REVIEW BY AN ALL-FEMALE OFFICIATING CREW...

- It's Dad's fault for choosing to watch a stupid football game instead of supervising and providing guidance to the daughter.

- The 2003 LSU National Champiions T-shirt is henceforth permanently assigned the new title of "Official Car Washing Rag."

...(Shakes head)- Can't be easy living in an all-female household, Dads... On a side note, I happened to be wearing MY white LSU 2003 National Champions T-shirt while jogging on Venice Beach a couple days ago, on Thanksgiving morning. As I passed a table with kids and their parents selling Thanksgiving pies for some cause or another, one guy had the nerve to point at my shirt and say, "CO-champs"... Well, it took everything I had to keep running and I just did sort of a half-turn and yelled "That's bull!" What I really wanted to do was stop dead in my tracks and give him a disertation on why LSU was the ONLY champion that year and demand a retraction from him. However, as is the case with most USC fans, he wasn't worth my time. Dads, I don't know what is worse- living in a house full of women, or living in a city full of USC fans...

She was washing your car with a CORDUROY JACKET WITH METAL BUTTONS to begin with?!?! Wow....just wow.

Dads wearing 1/2 tee shirt (cutoff at the base of the rib cage, of course)

I'd give the kid a $20 to post that pic. $50 if he's also wearing cutoff jeans.
I'd go as high $60 NOT to see that.

Around my house, Dad might wash the car with our daughter's LSU tee!!!
He's into BASEBALL... She'd wanna hit him with the baseball bat! ;) True

She's 17. She should know better.

She went into MY dirty clothes basket.

She got MY white LSU 2003 National Champions T-shirt.

She washed the car with it...scrubbed the rims...wiped down the tires...everything.

She left the T-shirt in a pail of dirty water out on the carport.

When I found it, my beloved shirt was gray with grime and had black and brown brake dust and tire rubber streaks on it.

This isn't a matter of determining guilt. This is a matter of determining sentence.

What say ye?

Ever had a well-meaning friend/relative destory a favorite item?

Apparently she would not have used it if she had known better. I would be upset with her, I would not punish her. She is worth more than the t-shirt. I think you have to treat this situation that way. I know it is hard.

I would make her sit down and listen to how much you did like your shirt, and why it means what it does to you.

Apparently she would not have used it if she had known better. I would be upset with her, I would not punish her. She is worth more than the t-shirt. I think you have to treat this situation that way. I know it is hard.

I would make her sit down and listen to how much you did like your shirt, and why it means what it does to you.

Obviously your kids are not teenagers.

...Not to rehash ancient arguments, buuuutt- LSU won more games (12) in 2003 than USC (11) did; they had a tougher strength of schedule AND had more points vs. common opponents (Auburn and Arizona) than USC... But hey, SC did get a bunch of writers to vote them #1- that carries a lot of weight :bigeyeballs: ... BTW, this argument died three years ago; just thought you needed to be reminded of the reasons WHY it died with LSU being awarded the National Championship......

Yep, paper champions. The same paper that's been determining champions for hundreds of years vs. a glass champion that's been around for 4 or 5. :_rofl:

To quote a verse from an old John Lennon song...

"Whatever gets you through the night...it's alright...it's alright"

Last I checked, the PAC 10 agreed to the same criteria for determining the national champs as everyone else, so even USC acknowledges LSU as the 2003 national champs.

By hey...Stewart Mandel of Sports Illustrated voted USC #1 so that's worth something too! I'm sure Matt Leinart's grandma probably thinks USC was #1 that year as well...do you think she baked them some "We're #1" chocolate chip cookies to celebrate (in lieu of the crystal football)? Do you think they saved one of them for display in Heritage Hall next to the Heisman trophies?

Last edited:
Well, after soaking and scrubbing and washing it in warm soapy water with a touch of bleach and Borax...there's oily brownish stains all over the neck and the lower half of the shirt.

So much for that idea. Had to try though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom