Death Star AKA We're all gonna die! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335186,00.html

A spectacular rotating pinwheel system just down the astronomical road from Earth — 8,000 light years away — includes an unstable Wolf-Rayet star that could explode.

Eight years ago, WR104 was discovered in the constellation Sagittarius by Sydney University astronomer Peter Tuthill.
A Wolf-Rayet star is the last step on the way to a supernova — the explosion of a star at the end of its life.
Images from the Mauna Kea in Hawaii telescope show that every eight months the two stars at the centre of the pinwheel orbit each other, leaving a trail of hot gas, carbon and dust.
"Viewed from Earth, the rotating tail appears to be laid out on the sky in an almost perfect spiral," Tuthill said. "It could only appear like that if we are looking nearly exactly down on the axis of the binary system."

Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun Master and Commander.

This is not your first trip nor is it your last,
countless lives depend upon you
ages of infinity are within your grasp
let your conscience be your guide.

Are you ready to do your plan
to save the plight of man
for all this, do the best you can

I slid by Fox today and found it funny how they were talking about the Democrats trying to steal the election away from the will of the people. LOL. You can't make stuff like that up.

well MSNBC is on the Obama express since south carolina. I can see how the freedom of press is abused but then again Foxnews is the same when they were anti-McCain.

from the article:

"We probably have hundreds of thousands of years before it blows, so we have plenty of time to come up with some answers," he said.

Yeah.....I don't think we have to worry about this one.....

Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun Master and Commander.

This is not your first trip nor is it your last,
countless lives depend upon you
ages of infinity are within your grasp
let your conscience be your guide.

Are you ready to do your plan
to save the plight of man
for all this, do the best you can

RIP Syd...

from the article:

"We probably have hundreds of thousands of years before it blows, so we have plenty of time to come up with some answers," he said.

Gee, do I have time to get my toothbrush before the evacuation? :hihi:

from the article:

This is totally ruining the panic and widespread fear vibe intended. You sir obviously know nothing about "We're all gonna die!" threads. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom