Debian Jessie (1 Viewer)

Buickman

Super Forum Fanatic
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just did the upgrade tonight from Wheezy. First thing is make sure Wheezy is up to date;

su
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get dist-upgrade

Then you can run this to change your respositories to Jessie;

sed -i 's/wheezy/jessie/g' /etc/apt/sources.list

Then run this again;
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get dist-upgrade

and then reboot;

And that should do it.

This place has been pretty dead so I thought I'd liven it up some...:covri:

screen shot?
Opinion?
been a while since I've had a linux installation on my computer.

Well, it appears compiz and emerald are no longer supported and it made a mess of my windows. I'm going to try a clean install and see how that works.

Well, it appears compiz and emerald are no longer supported and it made a mess of my windows. I'm going to try a clean install and see how that works.

and the verdict is...?

Ironically, being the Ubuntu fan that I am, I have very little experience with Debian. And the little bit of Debian familiarity I have is primarily due to Debian derivatives, like Makulu and AntiX.

I'm interested in Makulu for Debian's take on Unity; I'm interested in AntiX 14 for the Mepis collaboration with an XFCE desktop that sorta looks like Unity; and I'm interested in AntiX 13 and 15 for their extremely and supremely lightweight footprints. One of these days, I'm going to really roll up my sleeves, customize AntiX to my liking and remix/remaster it.

But I've hijacked your Debian thread...sorry Buick!

No verdict yet...I've been seriously sidetracked with other projects. I need to get back on this at some point. I don't have eye candy but everything else is working like it did with wheezy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom