Opinion Debunking the so-called Polar Vortex (1 Viewer)

because ignorance just breeds more ignorance and could ultimately make the planet inhabitable :shrug:
Thanks but the wrong people are quoting me, answering questions I didn't ask.

I could be wrong but I think she's asking why debunking climate change is such a big deal for the people who don't believe in climate change. Like, the only thing we have to gain from debunking climate change is convincing people that we don't need to take steps to preserve the planet we live on for future generations while not actively trying to debunk climate change means that people may adopt some of the preservation practices that science says is needed.

I could be wrong but I think she's asking why debunking climate change is such a big deal for the people who don't believe in climate change. Like, the only thing we have to gain from debunking climate change is convincing people that we don't need to take steps to preserve the planet we live on for future generations while not actively trying to debunk climate change means that people may adopt some of the preservation practices that science says is needed.
You're not wrong. I literally couldn't think of a single benefit to denying climate change. Usually when someone opposes something, they pair it with how it'll benefit them, what they'll gain, etc. Sometimes inadvertently.

Being on the periphery of the discussion and not paying attention, I haven't been able to glean what their "pros" are. Not one.

You're not wrong. I literally couldn't think of a single benefit to denying climate change. Usually when someone opposes something, they pair it with how it'll benefit them, what they'll gain, etc. Sometimes inadvertently.

Being on the periphery of the discussion and not paying attention, I haven't been able to glean what their "pros" are. Not one.

I think the answer is money. If you can convince people that climate change is not real, you can continue to exploit the earth for monetary gain. You can continue drilling for oil, you can excuse oil spills in the ocean as being minor, you can state that extended intercontinental pipelines do little to disrupt ecosystems, or that the planet will heal itself from the affects of industrial plants, that the pros of litter and trash dumps outweigh the changes to clean energy, that large scale infrastructure changes aren't worth it for clean energy.

I think the answer is money. If you can convince people that climate change is not real, you can continue to exploit the earth for monetary gain. You can continue drilling for oil, you can excuse oil spills in the ocean as being minor, you can state that extended intercontinental pipelines do little to disrupt ecosystems, or that the planet will heal itself from the affects of industrial plants, that the pros of litter and trash dumps outweigh the changes to clean energy, that large scale infrastructure changes aren't worth it for clean energy.

Yea this, basically.

1) Oil jobs.
2) Perceived notion that clean energy is going to cost tax payers.

It's amazing how illogical people act when you mention taxes. People are willing to throw others under the bus for a few extra tax dollars, however, are not willing to close loopholes that would make companies pay their share.

I was just about to post a similar sentiment....but you probably said it better, well done sir!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom