Decent Free Video Editing Software ideas? (1 Viewer)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone use any video editing software? Looking for free only, just enough to do a homework assignment. Mostly, splicing recorded video, editing it, adding music, adding a Title screen and credits.

I know Windows 10 still has a sorta hidden option, but not sure how useful it is.

Open Shot pops up on searches.

video Pad looks a lot like the old movie maker from Windows, so that might be an early favorite.

Thanks.

Are you streaming/recording something, or post-processing an preexisting clip?

I've used this before, but it can be a bit "clunky." It's open-source, free and it works, but it's challenging. Give it a shot, but your offspring (depending on his/her personality) may be frustrated by it.

Not sure if you are a Mac person or not, but I've used "Movie Maker" to do presentations (rather than powerpoint) and it works reasonably well. Really depends how deep you wish to dig. It certainly has issues, but it will likely do the job (if you have a Mac OS to work with).

Just as a point of reference, I use Windows based systems for work ( because of hardware control) and a Mac for personal use for communications and such.

I'm all Window's. Not a Mac guy.

And post processing a pre-existing clip. For my daugher's homework assignment.

BTW, thanks for all of the feedback, but I found a way to use windows to do it for me, it was enough for what we needed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom