'Deepwater Horizon' film to star Mark Wahlberg, Kate Hudson, Kurt Russell and John Malkovich (1 Viewer)

Looks like a great cast so far. Wahlberg is becoming a sucker for these true story movies isn't he? Deepwater Horizon, Invincible, Lone Survivor, The Fighter, Ted; but I don't think Ted 2 was real.

I wonder who dies.

My bet is on Money Malcovich.

Well, because we know who actually died in the disaster, we would know "who dies" with any kind of detailed casting. Seems kind of a flip way to talk about 11 real people who died at work because several of their supervisors failed to recognize what should have been an obvious problem.

But I read that Malkovich plays one of the BP personnel, so he wouldn't be one of the victims.

When the previews say "Inspired by the True Story" it makes me wonder how much of the movie is based on the actual story. I know all movies based on real events take liberties with the story lines to add more of what the audience wants to see, but sometimes they go overboard.

When the previews say "Inspired by the True Story" it makes me wonder how much of the movie is based on the actual story. I know all movies based on real events take liberties with the story lines to add more of what the audience wants to see, but sometimes they go overboard.

that was my thinking. I figured there was some meaning to the fact that they choose "inspired by" instead of based on so I looked it up.

The terms “based on” and “inspired by” suggest very different standards of adherence to the facts providing the ideas for a film and the degree of fictionalization used to enhance the story, change the narrative, or make the film more marketable.

A film that was “inspired by” actual events is primarily fictional, but the writer owes his or her idea for the film to something that took place in reality. Perhaps the writer read a news story or a historical account or has been fascinated by a particular person, group, or event. The resulting film takes its inspiration from those events without claiming to represent anything that may have actually happened. The characters are generally original to the screenplay or only vaguely resemble the real life individuals.

http://trueherostudio.com/producer-blog/based-on-vs-inspired-by-a-degree-of-fictionalization

Quora

Jeremy Jahns give it AWESOMETACULAR
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oiKxJbqKg7o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What were they supposed to to do? Cast Lou from the engine room in the lead role?

Yeah, really. If they cast the dudes I worked with offshore on a drilling rig, everyone in the audience would be saying, "What the hell did he just say?"

:hihi:

Every preview i have seen has focused on the family at home and the quest to get home to the loved ones...boring, been there done that. More interested in a documentary story of what happened instead of yet another uplifting story of hope and love conquering all.

Im liking this trend of flicks being made of news stories, ala Sulley. Anything to spare me from superheros and reboots.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom