Deer hunters (1 Viewer)

Yeah, just a 6 point though. I walked up on it while I was spiralling around through the woods trying to help find one that my friend shot. If I had realized it was just a 6, I would have let it go probably but there was simply no time. I saw antlers.

Seen a spike the other morning, was tempted, but I didn't. Going to enjoy this long weekend and hopefully get some meat.

Just got back from West Texas. Our group decided that we would try to grow our herd for a few years. So we are letting the young/healthy bucks go and only culling the genetic defects out (spikes, 4 pts) so they won't reproduce. So i took 2 different 4 pts that were standing right next to nice 8 pts. It was painful. It seemed so wrong. I hope I never have to do it again. But I got a freezer full of meat and sausage being made. I grilled the tenderloins last night.

I heard Hokie Gajan talking about this:
http://www.rodnreel.com/deermaster/cajunpoorboy.asp

Since I had many backstraps I decided to give it a try. I'll let you know how it comes out after I get it.

Yeah, just a 6 point though. I walked up on it while I was spiralling around through the woods trying to help find one that my friend shot. If I had realized it was just a 6, I would have let it go probably but there was simply no time. I saw antlers.

I hunting Liberal? WWPS? :no:

/whatwouldPETAsay?

I really miss living in Natchitoches sometimes. There I could roll out of my bed at 5:00am and in half an hour I would be in Kisatchie Forest sitting in my deer stand or duck blind before daylight. Living in Atlanta really sucks if you're into hunting and fishing. Someone please send me some deer meat.

I hunting Liberal? WWPS? :no:

/whatwouldPETAsay?

PETA wouldn't be too happy.

But I love hunting. I always have. Most of my views on environmental conservation were formed on hunting trips and fishing trips with my father, not TV documentaries about owls and stuff.

To%20PETA%20With%20Love.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom