Defense actually played well considering Saints were missing 5 of its top 6 defensive players. (1 Viewer)

mc4saints

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I mean with Lat, Kwon, Marcus, CJG, and Onyemata out, what could we expect. Take away any teams top 5 out 6 defensive players and it would probably be worse.

Tanoh was a loss as well.

Offense couldn't sustain a drive for multiple reasons. Some beyond there control.

Glass half full.... Not too bad.

I mean with Lat, Kwon, Marcus, CJG, and Onyemata out, what could we expect. Take away any teams top 5 out 6 defensive players and it would probably be worse.

Tanoh was a loss as well.

Offense couldn't sustain a drive for mul

Yeah we looked lost in coverage on the first drive with Lattimore, Kwon and CJG. After that we actually did ok. Itā€™s just tough when they could only rest for a few minutes since we had too many 3 and outs!

First half no... Second half yes. Horrible ref calls kept Carolina in the game. Linebackers didn't play well though. Granderson was a beast yesterday.

It was an OVERALL bad game for the TEAM, that cant be denied, but its the week following a loss so we are spreading the blame all around with "I told you so" threads.

I actually think the defense played amazingly well, given the constraints. The first half, felt like Darnold had wide open receivers every other play, but the secondary settled down and clamped shut. Frankly, playing a rookie on his second start and a guy that just got off the plane (albeit a veteran) at CB1 and 2 with PJ could have gone far worse! And 26 points isn't bad considering the offense couldn't string a drive the entire game. A worse defense would have allowed 40 playing away.

We had a takeaway and got the stops needed to win the game. Despite our dreadful offensive play (offensive being the key word here) we were in it till halfway through the 4th.

Turner looked good, and Adebo is looking great, so solid picks there so far.

For all the players missing, it wasn't great, but then again. The offense did them no favors.

We looked like Green Bay last week.

Zack Baun played poorly, even looked lost at times in coverage.
Adebo got picked on and taken to school by Moore but kept playing and even started to hold his own. I think this game will benefit him later on.
Turner looked like the Saints were right about him and everyone else was wrong.

Defense and Special teams played well enough for us to win the game.

26 points given up isnā€™t the worst thing, especially considering the players out and the amount of time the D was on the field. The first half was a little rough, but they gave us a great chance in the 2nd. With starters back, I think we are a top unit. Just have to step it up on offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom