Defense Has Its Hands Full (Again) With Saints On Tap (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1547002091795.png
By Dave Spadaro | PhiladelphiaEagles.com

The New Orleans Saints' offense is as complete as any in the NFL, featuring Pro Bowl quarterback Drew Brees, a double-threat tandem in the backfield with Mark Ingram and Alvin Kamara, and a slew of dangerous pass-catching threats. As Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz puts his game plan together, he knows one thing: He can’t do the same thing on every snap of the football and think it will work against the experience of Brees and the variety of the Saints' playmakers.

Schwartz, then, plans to provide some variety of his own on Sunday as the Eagles hope to slow down an offense that averages 34 points per game in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

“I think you have to mix it up,” Schwartz said on Tuesday at his weekly press conference at the NovaCare Complex. “You have to tackle well. There are some things that you can't defend every single pass. If you do, you're going to give up too many plays down the field. I think there are some that you just have to tackle. There are others that you have to pick and choose your times to be aggressive. I don't know that this is a game that you can just stick with one thing and stay with it over the course of the game. He's seen just about everything known to mankind. He has good playmakers at all the different positions. So there's picking and choosing times. There are sometimes where you have to play zone and sometimes you have to play man.

“Bottom line is you have to defend, tackle, and you have to keep the mistakes down.” ...

Full Story - PhiladelphiaEagles.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom