Defense only allows 9 points and we still lose the game... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
First off, props to the defense! Well executed game plan as a whole. Especially with missing Breaux and Williams. The defense allowed only 9 points technically and forced 3 turnovers. Granted at the end there was a play that could have been made to help turn this game around but that's what happens when you have your 3rd, 4th, and 5th stringers in.

Special teams: Boy oh boy where to begin. They gave up a 10 point swing, -3 for us and plus 7 for the Giants with that blocked kick for a TD. Something needs to be fixed and it starts with the coaching.

Offense: Regardless of the blocked field goal or not, the Giants scored 16 points. Whenever a team only scores 16 points against us we should win every time! No excuse for not scoring more. Poor offensive showing cost us this game. We should have put up 30 or more with having 3 turnovers on our side. Dropped passes hurt us and so did bad pass protection at times.

Overall: Give me only allowing 16 points any day! We should win most of those games. It's time to put it all together and have all three phases of the game play well so we destroy Atlanta. Let out all of our frustrations on MNF!

Sad that such a gutsy effort by the defense was wasted.

One side of the ball we always lose us games. This franchise is back to being snake bit again. The worst team in the NFL this year. #1 pick here we come.

Teams that don't know how to win lose like this. We found a way to blow two games in a row on the final drives.

This isn't a talent issue. Until we get this monkey off our back, it's going to be ugly.

One side of the ball we always lose us games. This franchise is back to being snake bit again. The worst team in the NFL this year. #1 pick here we come.

I've seen absolutely nothing to support any of your statements.

this reminds me of the Ditka years, where they found various ways to lose. I think one year they lost 4 or 5 games in the 4th quarter.

Teams that don't know how to win lose like this. We found a way to blow two games in a row on the final drives.

This isn't a talent issue. Until we get this monkey off our back, it's going to be ugly.

+100

This is the post of the day!

They can cut the WHOLE defense and sign replacements off the street and have a better chance of winning. These guys just flat out don't know how to win and deep down don't want to win.

It's as much coaching as it's been the last three years.

It was coaching when the locker room went south and the defensive side of the ball was a mess with Ryan.

It's coaching when you can't have TO at the end of game, when you are forcing in Fleener and Coleman when you have Thomas. It's coaching when your Special Teams allows a jail break and you have ST coach who should have been upgraded years ago if you were truly serious about winning and maintaining every edge.

I've seen absolutely nothing to support any of your statements.

Two weeks in a row the defense was on the field and lost the game.

They will not be the worst team in the league but no playoffs.

And really, other than draft position what's the difference between 7-9 and 0-16?

The Saints can't seem to play complementary football. Great offensive output last week, defense crumbles at the end. This week, great defense performance (despite injuries), terrible special teams play and poor offensive performance.

I can see this becoming a year of a lot of "almosts". The difference between winning and losing in the NFL is so small. I think if that 61-yard attempt last week goes through for the game winner, we'd probably be sitting here now at 2-0. Just the psychological difference can mean that much.

Really? Defense lost the first game...offense lost todays game...next week will be something else. It will always be something with this team man. :rant:

Technically ST play lost the game. They were the only ones to give up a TD which was the difference... The offense certainly didn't help but they did score at least.

And really, other than draft position what's the difference between 7-9 and 0-16?

I've watched quite a few bad years and some of them are a death march slog of non-competitiveness and some have a clear arc of improvement with flashes of improvement and interesting matchups. You might not see a lot of wins in the latter but it's just much more enjoyable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom