Defense owes Drew Brees a Huge Apology... (1 Viewer)

Just contain them for :53 seconds. Nope. Can't do it.

Funny thing is I’m not even mad I walked away from the TV and started doing chores when I saw 53 seconds left. The Saints offense would have to drain the clock completely otherwise it’s a lose no matter how many seconds left on the clock. The defense showed us time and time again that they can’t stop an offense when it really mattered with less time than this in the past.

This has been 15 years running amigo.

While we can thank Payton for everything he's done, he's also been responsible for tarnishing Brees' legacy.

What you think they'll be talking about tomorrow?

Drew Brees' 5 TD passes, unthinkable against this vaunted defense?

Heck no, it's like it never even happened. It's quite tragic. But today encapsulates way too much of his career. That's on Payton.

Are you kidding me? Let’s put things in perspective. The defense started without Alonzo, Klein and PRob. Then they subsequently lost, Rankins, Davenport and Hendrickson. WTH are you watching? They were playing with one arm and the other was tied behind their back.

If you want an apology from someone, ask Payton for 2. One for the dumb 2 pt. try after the 2nd TD (take the 1 pt.), and an apology for the fake punt and not knowing the rule on PI or defensive homding on the gunner as a WR on that type of situation. Payton is where the apology needs to come from.

It is very. Agreed. I’m not even upset we lost, it’s the way we played on D and how we lost. Just a broken record at the end and anyone, anyone, saying that we don’t have issues in that spot is delusional imo. Very delusional.
I’ll bet the O has the same feeling we fans do when they give the ball back with any time.
It is very. Agreed. I’m not even upset we lost, it’s the way we played on D and how we lost. Just a broken record at the end and anyone, anyone, saying that we don’t have issues in that spot is delusional imo. Very delusional.
I’ll bet the O has the same feeling we fans do when they give the ball back with any time.

You know what its very interesting- as we were driving i kept on saying dont rush, dont rush take your time... Then after we scored i immediately sat down thinking welp we’ve left way too much time... and they have 3 timeouts. It was at that moment I was resigned to losing the game. I wasnt upset either, more of like well thats that - more because i knew it was coming... its kind of sad that at situations like that at the end of games we are just expecting the folding.

Our defense looks so good sometimes, dominant even... then other times just so so bad.... its just inexplicable to me at times.

You know what its very interesting- as we were driving i kept on saying dont rush, dont rush take your time... Then after we scored i immediately sat down thinking welp we’ve left way too much time... and they have 3 timeouts. It was at that moment I was resigned to losing the game. I wasnt upset either, more of like well thats that - more because i knew it was coming... its kind of sad that at situations like that at the end of games we are just expecting the folding.

Our defense looks so good sometimes, dominant even... then other times just so so bad.... its just inexplicable to me at times.

I totally agree. I was accepting too when I saw the time. I knew. It’s psychological now as another poster suggested. Just still upset me as that’s the ONE team I can’t stand and want the W against.

Fickle bunch in here. The D carried us the 5 games Brees was out. We sorely missed our LB's today.

Thats the thing... there are times this defense looks like its turning that corner To a dominant D... then there are other times they just look absolutely lost out there. Often times its at the end of big games and often times its giving up huge chunks of yards.

We did miss our lb’s but every team has to deal with injuries- there were times today we didnt even look like we were fielding an NFL defense. They scored 2 td’s in 4 plays on 2 drives in the first half. That should never happen. Brutal first half defensive performance.

Fickle bunch in here. The D carried us the 5 games Brees was out. We sorely missed our LB's today.
Thats the thing... there are times this defense looks like its turning that corner To a dominant D... then there are other times they just look absolutely lost out there. Often times its at the end of big games and often times its giving up huge chunks of yards.

We did miss our lb’s but every team has to deal with injuries- there were times today we didnt even look like we were fielding an NFL defense. They scored 2 td’s in 4 plays on 2 drives in the first half. That should never happen. Brutal first half defensive performance.

Agree with both of ya. Hope the LB’s are ok soon.

I just wish they didn't get it all the way to 4th down.

That was cruel of our defense to do that to our fan base.

Defense certainly wet the bed, but payton's play calling and decision making has been all over the place this season as well. the defense was balling out early this season but they are looking underwhelming at the back end of this season. that late TD from Drew had a lot of emotions for me excited and then i saw the clock. then the feeling of despair knowing the defense was asked to make a stop. talk about a roller coaster.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom