defense reality check? (1 Viewer)

So nobody thinks the wind was a significant factor?

That's mostly what this thread is about. I figured it was and most people seem to be completely ignoring it. Yes the D played top notch, but doesn't bad weather tend to turn things to favor D's a bit more?

I'm just trying to be realistic here. Maybe I'm wrong, but you don't need to get all ****ed at me for no reason. If you want to just be oblivious to anything but comments expressing how awesome we are then sorry. I enjoyed those all last night and this afternoon, but I think I've had my fill. It's time to look at how we can improve. Isn't that why we're so good right now? Isn't this exactly what the coaches and players do (ignore the praise and look at how to fix whatever didn't go flawlessly)?

Does every post have to be about how great and unstoppable we are?:idunno:

That's mostly what this thread is about. I figured it was and most people seem to be completely ignoring it. Yes the D played top notch, but doesn't bad weather tend to turn things to favor D's a bit more?

I'm just trying to be realistic here. Maybe I'm wrong, but you don't need to get all ****ed at me for no reason. If you want to just be oblivious to anything but comments expressing how awesome we are then sorry. I enjoyed those all last night and this afternoon, but I think I've had my fill. It's time to look at how we can improve. Isn't that why we're so good right now? Isn't this exactly what the coaches and players do (ignore the praise and look at how to fix whatever didn't go flawlessly)?

Guys (and gals) I think he is just worried that the other foot is gonna fall. I have loved this team for 25 years, and am very happy we are doing well. Having said that, I am always worried that the sky is gonna fall.....lol guess it's just years of letdowns. To answer the post, I think we have definitely turned the corner and love our D scheme. If we can even be middle of the pack defensively, we should have no problem reaching the Super Bowl.

So you start off complaining about defense, yet your whole post is about offense.

Go outside and get some air, the Saints are really good. Enjoy it.

No but just that this argument doesn't have much merit......all up to the game everyone was speaking about Fred Jackson...i saw him as more of a threat then Trent Edwards...he holds the ball longer = more pressure...the key was that we stopped their run game.

There is more than one way to skin a cat..they stopped our pass and the wind aided.....we stopped their pass and the wind aided....we crushed their run...they couldn't do the same to us.

So hence we played a complete defensive game,and forced an interception as well as a forced fumble on ST to keep us in the +1 ratio in the game.

Defense was magnificent..not only were we not gassed (payton said that the defense felt they could have played the game longer)
we hit intensely and were the more physical D...we played man to man and had solid coverage.....few mental lapses and we stifled them on 3rd Down...something Sanchez is good@..we do the same thing to him and we clip the wings of the jets.

So i guess yeah this post was a fail and your full of something other than food:9:

Who dat!!

The wind wasn't a factor in our defensive line completely dominating their offensive line.

Their offensive line being terrible was, however.

Tell me HOW the wind factored into us holding them to 89 TOTAL rushing yards??? and i will admit the wind was the reason we looked good and not actually our Defensive scheme, game planning, or players.

Tell me HOW the wind factored into us holding them to 89 TOTAL rushing yards??? and i will admit the wind was the reason we looked good and not actually our Defensive scheme, game planning, or players.

Well, what if the wind was reducing the deep ball as a threat allowing us to put more personnel on the short pass and ultimately making them more one dimensional (predictable).

:idunno:

Never said I was some football genius. I did put a question mark after the thread title I think? I'm just... skeptical that the defense is going to play quite that awesome against most teams. That doesn't mean I don't think they're good enough to take us well into the playoffs (if not all the way).

The wind must have heald up the ball in Trent's hand longer due to resistance and held up the bills rushing game due to resistance and The SAINTS defense just took advantage of that!

Good game Bills for scoring on a Sp. Teams play!

Well, what if the wind was reducing the deep ball as a threat allowing us to put more personnel on the short pass and ultimately making them more one dimensional (predictable).

:idunno:

Never said I was some football genius. I did put a question mark after the thread title I think? I'm just... skeptical that the defense is going to play quite that awesome against most teams. That doesn't mean I don't think they're good enough to take us well into the playoffs (if not all the way).

Well i could see your point IF we were playing 8 men in the box on a regular basis b.c of the wind and the NONE threat of the passing game, but that wasnt the case.

It's my lot in life... I can only manage to create negative threads apparently :)

I'm not saying it was all wind, I'm just saying that the wind made both QBs play just a little more conservatively. Of course they were also both pressured and our run D has been (statistically) the best part of our D (that and the interceptions, but most of those were delivered by a rookie and an inexperienced guy).

I'm just saying... I don't feel entitled to a lights out performance by the defense every week. Not yet anyway. As long as they stay good against the run, don't commit stupid mistakes and get a turnover now and then, that's all we should need and I'll be happy. If we start shutting teams out like this every few weeks... well then I'll be ecstatic.

Thanks for the input Chicken Little!:covri:

I love the way the D played but it is pretty logical to say if you having trouble with long passes it makes it easier to load up on the run. This isn't rocket science.....................an extra man in the box never hurts.

Having said that I think our D got the shaft statistically in the first two games so they deserve a little help here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom