Defense (1 Viewer)

Look guys, I hate to be the one to say it but it is true. I wish we were better but all I see is us getting stupid penalties, and getting beat over the top. Trust me, come playoffs, it will happen again. This is no fluke anymore. The Saints under Sean Payton have never been able to field a formidable defense without Gregg Williams. If/when the Saints do not win another Super Bowl, then we will always know it was Gregg Williams and that defense that brought a ring to New Orleans because Brees/Payton are only breaking our hearts year after year with massive let downs and bogus losses.

When has Dennis Allen's defense ever let us down in the playoffs? No team has scored even 30 points on us in Allen's playoff losses as DC and the Rams were lucky to barely crack 20 points against the Saints in regulation. The problem with the Saints is they keep putting themselves in close low-scoring games with bad offensive efficiency and turnovers. And when Allen's defense DOES get turnovers, the offense doesn't turn them into points.

I have no personal love for Dennis Allen, just tired of the scapegoating. Gregg Williams was not some brilliant defensive mastermind by all accounts, not sure what he did to get such love from you or why you think we can't win without him...

When has Dennis Allen's defense ever let us down in the playoffs? No team has scored even 30 points on us in Allen's playoff losses as DC and the Rams were lucky to barely crack 20 points against the Saints in regulation. The problem with the Saints is they keep putting themselves in close low-scoring games with bad offensive efficiency and turnovers. And when Allen's defense DOES get turnovers, the offense doesn't turn them into points.

I have no personal love for Dennis Allen, just tired of the scapegoating. Gregg Williams was not some brilliant defensive mastermind by all accounts, not sure what he did to get such love from you or why you think we can't win without him...
When? How’s about the last 3 playoff losses. In all 3 games, the defense took the field with less then 2 minutes to play and with a lead to protect. We all know how successful they were in protecting those leads.
This whole “offense didn’t score enough” is BS. How many offenses put up 40 in the playoffs?

Dennis Allen defenses with the Saints have always started out the season bad. And that was with a full preseason.

But they always finish pretty good. It will take longer this year.

Does that mean he should keep his job? Maybe not. But that's the bed we've made to lie in.

This is true, but let's go a bit deeper. DA defense not only starts the season bad, but almost every game they start slow.....do you know why? Why is it that the Saints D has no clue how to defend an opponent...any opponent at the beginning of the game....they give up TDs on most first series of the game.....is it the players fault, or is it coaching?

Now if is the players fault, then why is it that the Saints D rebound in the second half of every game and play pretty decently in the 3rd and 4th qt? If the players are bad then they would be bad in every qt, not just the first half....I blamed the players in the past, but this year I look at this differently... This is a coaching problem.

Early in the game the Saints D is the most terrible! They can't seem to get off the field on 3rd down plays, and that means they are giving up TDs almost exclusively....to me this is a great indication that the Saints D has no clue what their opponents try to do. Why is that?.....the coaches are not putting them in the best possible position to make plays b/c the coaches have no clue what the offenses they are facing try to accomplish....so how can the D make plays when the players are out of position to make plays? , b/c in almost every game the Saints O start their series a TD down, b/c the D can't stop anybody.

But as the game goes on, the Saints D plays much better in the 2nd half of every game.....to me that is an indication that the coaches figured out somewhat how the offenses operate, what scheme they use, what they try to do, and put the D players in the best position to make plays. And we see this play out every year and almost every game in this order. They start slow, can't stop anybody, but they rebound in the 2nd half and make plays for the most part......it all depends if the Saints O can keep the scoring close early in the game, so they can win the game late.....in the past the O was making huge plays early, and didn't matter that much, but the Saints O is no longer dominant, hence we see the Saints struggle.....

When? How’s about the last 3 playoff losses. In all 3 games, the defense took the field with less then 2 minutes to play and with a lead to protect. We all know how successful they were in protecting those leads.
This whole “offense didn’t score enough” is BS. How many offenses put up 40 in the playoffs?
Right just look at the last two minutes and ignore the whole game. Gotcha.

40 points? We didn't even need close to 40 to put those games away.

It wasn’t but a couple of years ago it seemed like i was just hoping for one stop on defense and we could win.

This defense is so beyond regressed this year, its hard to even know where to begin. Unless there is some miracle turn around where the light just comes on, this is gonna be a tough, tough, last half of the season. If we make it to the post season and they're playing defense like this, it'll be a fast 1 and done, even if we play in our own house.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom