Defensive coordinator Rob Ryan says he got 'lucky' to land with New Orleans Saints (1 Viewer)

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
snews.gif

Full Story – Nola.Com

New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan admitted that he "got my feelings hurt" when he was fired by the Dallas Cowboys earlier this offseason. But he obviously feels like he landed on his feet, saying he hasn't felt this good since he worked under Bill Belichick with the New England Patriots early in his career.

"It's awesome. I got lucky," Ryan said in his first interview session with the New Orleans media Thursday. "I'm fortunate enough to be with a great program like the Saints, led by Sean Payton. I haven't felt this way since I was in New England with Bill Belichick. So I'm working for the best and I hope to be a small part of our success."

Ryan's media session was brief following Thursday's OTA practice. So he didn't get too deep into many subjects. But he did touch on his ouster in Dallas, saying it helps him have the same kind of chip on his shoulder that the Saints defensive players and coaches have after their historically bad season in 2012.

By Mike Triplett / Times Picayune

Full Story – Nola.Com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom