Defensive Head sets (1 Viewer)

MSUSousaphone

Owning the CONCACAF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Now that we have a big time top 5 MLB that can be the QB of the D, does anyone know what happened with the idea to allow a defensive player to have an earpiece in their helmet, so the coach can talk to him presnap? Just like the QB earpiece.

I remember they were going to discuss it but havn't heard anything since? :dunno:

If they do that, they're effectively nullifying the whole 12th man concept.

I hope they approve it!! If offense can have it, why not the defense?!?!

Its yet to be voted on to answer the original posters question....

I don't see how it nullifies the 12 man at all. If the away defense is on the field, you're supposed to be quiet because the home offense is on the field. So no one should be cheering at all.

If its the home defense on the field, this will help them out....which the fans should like....

Thanks, S. When do they vote on that, I wonder? I thought it would have been before the pro-bowl.

Yeah, Mort was on NFL Live earlier saying that he thinks a change will be made at the NFL owners league meeting that would allow one defensive player on the field to have a headset....due to all the spygate stuff.

This makes the Vilma pickup so much sweeter.

It was on NFL Network. Has been declined the last 2 years in the owners meetings. Last year was only voted no by a margin of 2. It's up for discussion again. Hopefully it'll get a yes now we have Vilma

According to the report I heard, they were considering having 2 guys wear them with only one allowed on the field at a time, or 3 guys with only 2 of those three allowed on the field at the same time. Not sure if either is gonna get approved tho'.

I don't think it is a good idea

I don't think someone from the sideline should be able to tell you what play is being ran and where you should go. It is the players responsibility to learn the opposing teams plays and know where to go. I see it as cheating if anything-whether or not everyone does it.

I don't think it is a good idea

I don't think someone from the sideline should be able to tell you what play is being ran and where you should go. It is the players responsibility to learn the opposing teams plays and know where to go. I see it as cheating if anything-whether or not everyone does it.

They will go dead 10 or 15 seconds before the snap, just like the offensive ones do now.

Sooner or later there will be no need for a coach on the field :rolleyes:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom