Defensive help (1 Viewer)

HennessyRob

NOLA Raised
Reaction score
I can't stop the pass or run.

I'll take what ever tips you guys have.

My 1st online game (vs Dallas) was lost because I couldn't stop the pass to the flats. Final score 28-30.

My OLB's are awful.

Same dude. I can't stop the run or the pass to the TE, and also Greer gets passed all over. First game I was OK, second game I lost 21-28 to the Vikings and AP had like 15 rushes for 180 yds and Shancoe had 10 or so recs, Rice had like 12.

I don't know if y'all adjusted the settings but I had to turn off the auto turbo. It helped me on defense time interceptions and with running up with the safety to stop the run/short passes.

Alot of reviews mentioned you can't stop the run on this years Madden.

Example from lastnight:
Jamaal Charles from Kansas City had 168 yards rushing on me.
Every O-lineman played like Willie Roaf.
Charles was breaking tackles like Eddie George in Ohio State.

At one point Shanle hit Charles 4 yards deep in the backfield, nearly getting the safety.
He shook off that hit, stiff armed Will Smith, then ran over Vilma and took the ball 80 yards for the TD.

WTH???? Jamaal Charles???? Really???

What difficulty are you playing on? Or are you talking about online?

Adjusting the settings helped me.
I put speed back to normal. Turned off auto turbo.

If that doesn't work you can always turn on unlimited rewinds :ezbill:

I am doing great with defense online and franchise. Here are some tips:

Turn off auto strafe.

Control the DT or left DE and use the right tick to swim move by moving it slightly to the right or bull rush by moving it down. No method to the madness, just keep switching these things up to confuse the o line. This is very important.

Use "show blitz" coverage when using run blitzes.This makes your linebackers and safeties crowd the line or put eight in the box.

Two man under and cover 1 plays work great with our team but you have to control the d line and get pressure.

Alot of reviews mentioned you can't stop the run on this years Madden.

Example from lastnight:
Jamaal Charles from Kansas City had 168 yards rushing on me.
Every O-lineman played like Willie Roaf.
Charles was breaking tackles like Eddie George in Ohio State.

At one point Shanle hit Charles 4 yards deep in the backfield, nearly getting the safety.
He shook off that hit, stiff armed Will Smith, then ran over Vilma and took the ball 80 yards for the TD.

WTH???? Jamaal Charles???? Really???

:spit: As messed up as that sounds, it's really hilarious at the same time.

The only problem I had was trying to defend inside run plays. Every time the RB gets the ball like AP, Benson, or Marion Barber and does those type of plays, my D-Linemen or LB are already there but seems like they just intentionally get out of the way once the RB approaches them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom