Defensive line!!! (1 Viewer)

SaintsMan209

SB This year!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What don’t the Saints understand about getting pressure from the front for? We must sign a pass rusher that makes a difference and we know we need a back up for Marcus Davenport.

Until we are able to get pressure from our front for we will never be elite. Greg Williams sent blitzes to make up for the fact that there were no real pass rushers other than will smith and Bobby McRae. We really need an elite defense of pass rusher.

4 elite pass rushers in the draft to keep an eye on:

Terrell Lewis
Josh Uche
Alex Highsmith
Reggie Walker

Also watch out for DT's

McTelvin Agiem
Garrett Marino
Teair Tartt

Last edited:
We had one of the top 2-3 defensive lines for pressuring the QB before Davenport and Rankins went down (and Cam had to play injured). There were some great analytics last year showing how good we were at getting to the QB.

And good DLinemen Get enormous contracts. We can’t afford to give out big deals to players at a position of strength.

Dline is a strength of ours when healthy bro
Tru, you got that right my friend. We have an outstanding DL with depth to boot, which most teams would be envious of! Injuries indeed hurt us this year, but that is something you cannot predict. My only real concern going into the season is the health of DSavenport with the type of injury he sustained. I hope it is not something that will linger or curb his explosiveness. Now if we can get a stud LB in round one or three this year I believe our defense will be tough to beat.

Dline is a strength of ours when healthy bro
"When Healthy"

They are gonna need some depth for the rotation.

At least mid round guys like Alex Highsmith or Reggie Walker should fit the bill.

I wouldn't rule out a DT either with Rankins getting injured every year.

Tru, you got that right my friend. We have an outstanding DL with depth to boot, which most teams would be envious of! Injuries indeed hurt us this year, but that is something you cannot predict. My only real concern going into the season is the health of DSavenport with the type of injury he sustained. I hope it is not something that will linger or curb his explosiveness. Now if we can get a stud LB in round one or three this year I believe our defense will be tough to beat.
If there was room for Granderson then there is room for an upgrade at DE.

Im glad to hear Davenports toe magically healed and Rankins magically transformed into an iron man who will play 16 games a year. Yeah "when healthy" is almost wishful thinking at this point

Our d-line is a strength when healthy, but so far Rankins and Davenport have been hurt every year that they’ve been in the league. It would be nice to add insurance for the inevitable of at least one of them getting hurt next year. If our front four could’ve pressured Cousins, then we might have won the playoff game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom