Defensive line!!! (1 Viewer)

All teams have injuries, but not the same player three years and running (Rankins). Peat with three years in a row. Armstead with idk how many years in a row or Anzalone. Most team figure they need a new plan by this point and it seems like the Saints continually roll the dice on the same injury prone players.

We have a stacked team with our starters, but we’re missing the same starters at the end of every year.
Great points here. Our pass rush and defense overall took a HUGE hit after the SF game... Rankins and Davenport were lost for the season. Cam Jordan played injured the rest of the year. The Saints need to continue to add high quality depth since many of our starters, while very talented, are often injured.

Would love to have Shelby Harris for more interior help, in case Rankins injury doesn't get better. He is still not signed.

I think an argument can be made that DE is the strongest position on the team.

I do not see it that way. Each of the last 3 years when the Saints got to the PLayoffs the Pass Rush disappeared was non existent.

Davenport hasnt played a full season since hes been drafted , and he plays a "Limited" amount of Snaps. Jordan got injured the past 2 years each year towards the end of the season.
Those are our 2 guys. When they left after the 49ers game this year, so did the saints pass rush.

Saints need to find another pass rusher.

I do not see it that way. Each of the last 3 years when the Saints got to the PLayoffs the Pass Rush disappeared was non existent.

Davenport hasnt played a full season since hes been drafted , and he plays a "Limited" amount of Snaps. Jordan got injured the past 2 years each year towards the end of the season.
Those are our 2 guys. When they left after the 49ers game this year, so did the saints pass rush.

Saints need to find another pass rusher.
Clowney!

I don't think personnel is the issue, it's health. When these guys have been healthy and able to play together they've been pretty darn good. Dominant at times. Couple that with an improved Secondary and we could be onto something.

Just need to add a LBer or two. Or have the ones we have stay healthy.

Dang what has Granderson done for so many people to be so high on him?

He's extremely raw, coming out of the Mountain West conference and having missed all of last training camp. He had like two flashes in limited snaps... but if there's an opportunity to upgrade him with someone proven, that has consistent pass rush moves you do it.

to me he is similar to Al-Quadin Muhammad.. all the physical traits in the world, but he still has to show he can put it all together.

What don’t the Saints understand about getting pressure from the front for? We must sign a pass rusher that makes a difference and we know we need a back up for Marcus Davenport.

Until we are able to get pressure from our front for we will never be elite. Greg Williams sent blitzes to make up for the fact that there were no real pass rushers other than will smith and Bobby McRae. We really need an elite defense of pass rusher.
Your absolutely right bro. A lot of their pressure was coming and still comes from blitzing and that's affective but in 2013 and 2014 the saints had 2 players on the defensive line that had double digit sacks and that's what i call a strength. Recently they've been great at stopping the run but calling their defensive line rush a strength seems a lil strange when you can actually see statistically and with your eyes it's not. There only been one disruptive double digit sack guy on the line the past 5 years are so, there getting by with what they have but i wouldn't call it a strength. I would say average and trending in the right direction. The organization knows it that's why they drafted Davenport hoping he can fill the void that's missing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom