Defensive line!!! (1 Viewer)

Im glad to hear Davenports toe magically healed and Rankins magically transformed into an iron man who will play 16 games a year. Yeah "when healthy" is almost wishful thinking at this point

1. I’d say the lack of pursuing a Pass rusher is a pretty good indicator of their confidence in Davenport

2. We have a lot more than Rankins. We Re-signed Onyemata and have Tuttle, Brown, and Edwards. That’s before we even look at potential draft picks.

Granderson looked pretty damned good for a rookie....DLinemen often don't peak until their third year.
I like Granderson but mores as a containment DE like Bobby McCray or Greg Romeus.

1. I’d say the lack of pursuing a Pass rusher is a pretty good indicator of their confidence in Davenport

2. We have a lot more than Rankins. We Re-signed Onyemata and have Tuttle, Brown, and Edwards. That’s before we even look at potential draft picks.

The front offices track record on confidence on injured players doesn’t speak volumes.

Pressure Rate of DE's with at least 200 Rushes.

1​
Robert Quinn
16​
2​
Cameron Jordan
15.9​
3​
Vinny Curry
15.9​
4​
Nick Bosa
15.6​
5​
DeMarcus Lawrence
15.6​
6​
Shaq Lawson
15.5​
7​
J.J. Watt
15.3​
8​
Joey Bosa
15.2​
9​
Danielle Hunter
15​
10​
Trey Flowers
13.9​
11​
Myles Garrett
13.5​
12​
Marcus Davenport
13.4​
13​
Calais Campbell
13.3​
14​
Trey Hendrickson
13.1​

The interior was lower among DTs but with what we are paying Onyemata, Rankins and Brown I wouldn't hold my breath. I think they will bounce back anyway.

Last edited:
Pressure Rate of DE's with at least 200 Rushes.

1​
Robert Quinn
16​
2​
Cameron Jordan
15.9​
3​
Vinny Curry
15.9​
4​
Nick Bosa
15.6​
5​
DeMarcus Lawrence
15.6​
6​
Shaq Lawson
15.5​
7​
J.J. Watt
15.3​
8​
Joey Bosa
15.2​
9​
Danielle Hunter
15​
10​
Trey Flowers
13.9​
11​
Myles Garrett
13.5​
12​
Marcus Davenport
13.4​
13​
Calais Campbell
13.3​
14​
Trey Hendrickson
13.1​
Vinny Curry is still available.

That would be my choice.

Honestly I wouldn’t mind drafting Murray at 24 and best WR in the 3rd and also maybe even trading a late pick for a decent vet lb

Not every year all the time like two of our starters who are never available for the playoffs.

Thank you. People are acting like we are questioning Dav and Rankins ability which was never the case, AVAILABILITY and health is whats being looked at. Adding another edge rusher who can take the pressure off Cam and Dav and be insurance for Dav's toe would make all the sense in the world. We had no pass rush in the post season due to the same exact reasons just listed. And all the players that people are listing as depth were on the roster and in that game lol. So what does that tell you?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom