Defensive MVP of Sunday .... (1 Viewer)

Burtifus

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Hands down was Will Smith.

5 tackles, 2 for loss, 1 sack, 1 INT, 2 more QB hits and great pressure all game long. He played up to his paycheck and reminded us that he's got an insane amount of athletic gifts. Was this a one game resurgence facing a porous offensive line or a guy finally shaking the rust off of an injury-riddled previous season?

Our defensive future lies in his hands more than anyone else if he continues to play like this. He can single-handedly be the difference between an average defense and a top 10 unit IMO. Here's hoping this performance wasn't an aberration and just Will Smith getting back to his Pro Bowl level.

Hands down was Will Smith.

5 tackles, 2 for loss, 1 sack, 1 INT, 2 more QB hits and great pressure all game long. He played up to his paycheck and reminded us that he's got an insane amount of athletic gifts. Was this a one game resurgence facing a porous offensive line or a guy finally shaking the rust off of an injury-riddled previous season?

Our defensive future lies in his hands more than anyone else if he continues to play like this. He can single-handedly be the difference between an average defense and a top 10 unit IMO. Here's hoping this performance wasn't an aberration and just Will Smith getting back to his Pro Bowl level.

I think and hope the defensive line as a whole will be picking up it's game from here on out, but there's no doubt that the volume of success they had was a direct consequence of Buffalo having the worst offensive line we've faced so far this season.

m jenkins. i know it was a special team play but his strip and recovery gave us the points that turn out to be the game winner.

I think and hope the defensive line as a whole will be picking up it's game from here on out, but there's no doubt that the volume of success they had was a direct consequence of Buffalo having the worst offensive line we've faced so far this season.
I would tend to agree but that line was the same one that (sans the RT) held up very well vs. New England and Tampa Bay.

I would tend to agree but that line was the same one that (sans the RT) held up very well vs. New England and Tampa Bay.

Neither have very good defenses in my opinion. Tampa in particular.

I'm not trying to be dismissive of the defense or defensive line. Simply saying the ridiculous pressure we had and 5 sacks probably won't be repeated unless we face similarly bad offensive lines (like maybe against Tampa).

Payton said he challenged the teams to go out and do things. I guess Grant and Smith took him up on that. They need to bring that every week.

I would actually say Jabari Greer - phenomenal coverage on T.O. all game, and his deflection led to the W. Smith interception.

Anyone who frustrates a petulant baby such as T.O. is an A+ in my book. Jabari's on his way to a pro bowl season.

The front 7 did great yesterday. Part of it was the inexperience of the Bills O-line and part of it was the defensive scheme. Didn't do an official count but the majority of the time, we brought 5+ rushers at Edwards all day which probably confused the O-line on their blocking responsibilities.

Can we dare dream of how far this team could go if Smith and Grant begin to play with this kind of fire every week?

For me it goes...

Offensive MVPs:
Pierre Thomas
Carl Nicks
Lynell Hamilton

Defensive MVPs:
Will Smith
Jabari Greer
Malcolm Jenkins- Came in and played nickel well.

Special Teams:
Malcolm Jenkins
Lynell Hamilton

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom