Defensive Rankings (1 Viewer)

So as of this week, we are the 10th ranked Defense in the league.

This is a talented assortment of players the Saint have drafted and signed and unlike most people on this forum I give credit to Dennis Allen for putting together a scheme that allow these players to play to their strengths.

Whatever the reason, our defenses under DA have started out slow and then come together as the season progresses. Same thing seems to be happening this year, and it's a trend I can live with. Just keep getting better and keep up the level of play when Drew returns. I don't want them to relax just because the GOAT is back.

Our offense isn't top 10 rank wise is it?

If so, this must be the first time in a longggg time our defense is ranked higher than our offense.
True. I haven't seen the rankings, but there is no way our Offense can be ranked in the top 10 at this point. Now, when Drew comes back, look for that to change.

This defense took a huge step forward when Rankins came back. I’m not sure if it was coincidence or something else, but it’s been noticeable.

Stats aside, this is a top 5 D in the league right now.
Really feels like our run D should be higher ranked than “middle of the pack.”

We severely missed our duo of Onyemata and Rankins at the beginning of the season
There were some avoidable yards in the Seahawks game and the Bucs game. Those hurt the rankings. But I agree, from the eye test, this is a top-tier defense. And being legitimately in the top third is pretty good.

There were some avoidable yards in the Seahawks game and the Bucs game. Those hurt the rankings. But I agree, from the eye test, this is a top-tier defense. And being legitimately in the top third is pretty good.
Would you really rather we had played 'regular' defense at the close of those games, to chase a higher defensive ranking, than play the scheme that gives us the maximum chance of winning?

Of course, you're not really saying that.

Meanwhile we are ranked 22nd in total offense in the NFL. And I could not care less. Because wins are the only stat that matter.

I like this. The only ones that know how good our defense is are the ones who experienced it. Other than that our defense is underrated which is perfect. Our offense only has to be good for 2 more games and not even that good. When Drew comes back our offense will be ranked mid to late teens maybe early 20s which should piss DB off hopefully.

Would you really rather we had played 'regular' defense at the close of those games, to chase a higher defensive ranking, than play the scheme that gives us the maximum chance of winning?

Of course, you're not really saying that.
Correct. I'm not saying that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom