Defensive Report Card (1 Viewer)

of course. we haven't played a good team yet, and we're giving up absurd amounts of offense.

We didn't give up 100 yrds rushing (Teams are only averaging 2.9 yards a carry against us!). While Kolb did have a good game, he literally got 150+ of his yards while we were playing a two really really deep shell and funneling the receivers to the middle of the field because WE WERE UP BY 21 POINTS!!!

Week 1:B
Week 2:B-

I'd give today's performance an C+. We are doing well in the takeaway area. Overall, we are still yielding way too many yards. Kolb threw for just shy of 400 yards today. That's not good (garbage time or not).

The defense gave up 20 points this week. With this offense, 20 or under is gonna get us 12 wins at least.

Defense did create some turnovers. But other than that, the best thing you could say about them is that we forced them to chew up a lot of clock when we were up big. What happens when we're in a close game and we actually need to make a stop?? Is anyone really that confident that the Saints Defense can make that stop?

Based on what I've seen, if we need our defense to make a stop to close out a game, I feel like we have less than 50% chance. And most of that is based on the fact that we have NO pass rush.

They punted 5 times and we got 3 interceptions. We won't count the fumble, since that was a kickoff. They kicked two field goals.

We allowed one touchdown on a long play - a breakdown, sure, but not a sustained drive.

So really they only drove to the endzone once. 8 stops and 2 field goals. Really not too bad.

EDIT - and one turnover on downs. 9 stops.

Week 2: I give a C

Kolb dropped almost 400 passing and drove down the field with no TO and 30 seconds left. We didn't do very well against the wildcat either. The only reason I give a C is because the turnovers we caused. A lot of work still to do!

You do realize that most of those yards came on that long pass, and late in the game when we were playing a prevent defense, correct?

Defense did create some turnovers. But other than that, the best thing you could say about them is that we forced them to chew up a lot of clock when we were up big. What happens when we're in a close game and we actually need to make a stop?? Is anyone really that confident that the Saints Defense can make that stop?

Based on what I've seen, if we need our defense to make a stop to close out a game, I feel like we have less than 50% chance. And most of that is based on the fact that we have NO pass rush.

We have work to do on defense but Yes I do have confidence that if the game was on the line our defense could make stop. This team breaths confidence, can't you feel it?

The difference so far this season is the turnovers. Sharper can catch. No pressure from the d line is a worry, though. In the euphoria I give them a B.

yards is one thing, but his passer rating was 73.2 I think which is good. In addition, we held their rushing game to a good 4.0 ypc which is decent, and let's not forget the turnovers.

We have a few things that could have been better 1st downs and 3rd down conversion %, but overall it wasn't too bad. - B

I'd give it a B to B+ for both games. We may not have put a lot of pressure on, but look at the big picture. We have gotten results. Lots of turnovers and for the most part stopping drives. The lack of penalties is also really nice. The big play brainfarts are of some concern however.

wait wait we give Kolb, who has started 0 games ever, almost 400 yards....and you all are saying we did well?

Duhh he's their future signal caller, i would hope he does something. Sure he got tons of yards but we caused TURNOVERS and stopped their running game, shut down jackson for the most part, and maclin...contained westbrook. We made kolb show he can play but we also did make him look like a guy making his first start with 2 costly turnovers...worth 14.

The eagles are an explosive offense..next week against the bills will be a really good look. If we can kill their running game i think we can hang with TO and lee evans...porter can completely handle Evans...and Greer has already shown that he can press and cover bigger receivers as he did pretty well with CJ in week 1.

We all know how TO does when he gets jammed and frustrated.

We need to get that pass rush going.........will someone do a damn spin move puhleaseeeeeeee. Reggie showed that he was just a bit rusty..i expect bigger things out of him.

Mike Bell...whooooo im really hoping his injury is minor. He said he's felt worse knee pains that were minor so he may have just freaked out.

Just think we were short Pierre Thomas...who would have and could have worn their D out much more and probably preserved Bell. We were also short Lance Moore.....im starting to wonder where Jamal Browns position lies when he returns.......i say leave bushrod@left and move JB back to his original RT position and let's start mauling opponents mid-season with a devastating ground game.

Fujita is the weak link....
We need a pass rushing LB in this draft this year
or a DE and i have a few prospects in mind that im going to post soon...wouldn't you like for us to have our own Mario Williams type talent on the DL i sure would.

Oh well overall a solid win

No need for a letter grade. I prefer Pass/Fail. They kept the other team from scoring more than us and for that they get "Pass". If they accomplish the same thing for the whole year, then I will still give them a "Pass".

They will give up quite a few big plays this year, because they are being pretty aggressive on the ball hawking. But as we've seen, the turnovers turn into points scored.

They punted 5 times and we got 3 interceptions. We won't count the fumble, since that was a kickoff. They kicked two field goals.

We allowed one touchdown on a long play - a breakdown, sure, but not a sustained drive.

So really they only drove to the endzone once. 8 stops and 2 field goals. Really not too bad.

EDIT - and one turnover on downs. 9 stops.

Cute. Tattoos. Pride in drinking. Knowledge of Saints and football.

I'm smitten.

The D did fine, except for that drive by Kolb with 45 seconds to go, in which he kept throwing to the sideline when they had no time outs. Especially with 24 seconds to go, when anything inside probably runs out the clock. We got to fix that!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom