Defensive Showing (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
All and all (injuries, being behind the 8 ball), they played well in the loss. I think we all expected them to give up more than they did, but they allowed the Chiefs to hit their season avg. (21 pts).

The guys are growing, and getting better. We might not have a top tier defensive unit, but they are playing hard.

Yeah. I thought the D played great. They had several moments of looking like molten butter but kept it tight otherwise. Not generating any TOs hurts but that's what happens when missing so many starters.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Wait till' Breaux, Rankins and Ellerbe are all back. Then we'll see some major improvement.

Wait till' Breaux, Rankins and Ellerbe are all back. Then we'll see some major improvement.

Agreed. The defense has been (for the most part) been doing as well as asked of them. Once those guys get back, the expectations will be higher, but it's hard to imagine them not being reached.

We're all excited about the prospect of getting those guys back, but keep in mind Rankins is a rookie and we really can't expect much of him, especially coming off a broken leg. Breaux should definitely help. Ellerbe . . . . Well, I'll be surprised if he can stay on the field for more than a couple of games before getting injured again. And we have to hope everyone else stays healthy.

"Next year" right? Been saying that for three season now...
Time is not on our side. Just how many hall of fame QB's do we think this franchise we'll see in our lifetime?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom