Defensive stats for Brees' starts vs Bridgewater (1 Viewer)

Brees 362 yards a game
Bridgewater 300 yards a game (includes a ton of garbage yards in the 4th quarter in the Seattle game)

Bridgewater's defense would be 4th best in the NFL.
Brees' would be 20th.

So what does this tell us?

Lack of discipline and focus?
This is interesting... what would add more to it would be the average offensive rankings of the teams played by each QB. If the teams TB played had BAD offenses and Brees played GREAT offenses, it changes the narrative... but very interesting and thought provoking idea

A couple of the opponents on that end of the schedule (Chicago, Jacksonville) weren't exactly offensive powerhouses?

Honestly I'm shocked at how many people can't look at the injured list and just admit we are missing some talent. No Kiko, No Klein or Anzalone, Patrick Robinson battling through a calf injury, Davenport and Rankins hurting and Lattimore battling his hamstrings.

But yeah it's all about "not wanting it enough" or "they are just lazy". You guys buy into the Disney movie idea of sports way to much. "If they just had more heart!" give me forking break with this. Like they had "more heart" earlier in the season and now that Drew is back they are like fork it, i can take plays off, it doesn't matter that I can still lose my job or if I let my guard down for one second be embarrassed on national tv and have it replayed over and over on ESPN and NFL Network and all of twitter, Nah i'll just dog it for now and hope Breesy Boy bails me out...

Honestly I'm shocked at how many people can't look at the injured list and just admit we are missing some talent. No Kiko, No Klein or Anzalone, Patrick Robinson battling through a calf injury, Davenport and Rankins hurting and Lattimore battling his hamstrings.

But yeah it's all about "not wanting it enough" or "they are just lazy". You guys buy into the Disney movie idea of sports way to much. "If they just had more heart!" give me forking break with this. Like they had "more heart" earlier in the season and now that Drew is back they are like fork it, i can take plays off, it doesn't matter that I can still lose my job or if I let my guard down for one second be embarrassed on national tv and have it replayed over and over on ESPN and NFL Network and all of twitter, Nah i'll just dog it for now and hope Breesy Boy bails me out...

You bring up a good point with the injury list, which I had considered.

But then I also considered we're missing most of our WR corp not named "Thomas", we're missing Peat, Armstead is hobbled with a high ankle sprain (and Peat is his backup), Kamara is wearing his #41 jersey, but it doesn't look like him (hasn't looked the same since he was injured), our starting FB and his backup are both out and we used a DT as a FB, and we lost Cook early in the game. And yet that hobbled offense somehow put up 46 points using the "next man up" philosophy.

I think we're just wondering why the defense can't do the same? And I'm not suggesting the D is lazy. I'm simply wondering if they haven't subconsciously eased off a little, knowing there was ZERO margin for error with backup TB, but now the GOAT is back under center...

A couple of the opponents on that end of the schedule (Chicago, Jacksonville) weren't exactly offensive powerhouses?

But the other 3 teams Teddy faced were Seattle, Dallas and Tampa who are all top 5 in total yards and yards per game

But isn't exactly that happened on that long Emanuel Sanders TD?.... what exactly did the defender do on that play? hes feet got tangled and he went down, thus making the highlights, and embarrassing himself on every TV channel commenting on the 9rs victory....

How about on the last 9rs drive? the Saints defender didn't cover the ballcarrier, went down, thus letting the ballcarrier (whose name I forgot) gain huge yds, and on top of that what does the Saints safety do???.....grabbing the facemask, and keep dragging the ballcarrier by the facemask till the refs had no other choice but to throw the flag! Huge embarrassment, if you ask me....

And he knew that his actions will result in a 15 yds penalty, thus putting the opponents in FG range....his action resulted in his team's loss of the game....exactly what he did 2 years ago in MN against the Vikings on that fatal last play , remember? (for that play I still didn't forgive Sean Payton for keeping him around)

It tells me that Sean P is trying to get Brees that record and then settling back down to running the ball more
You bring up a good point with the injury list, which I had considered.

But then I also considered we're missing most of our WR corp not named "Thomas", we're missing Peat, Armstead is hobbled with a high ankle sprain (and Peat is his backup), Kamara is wearing his #41 jersey, but it doesn't look like him (hasn't looked the same since he was injured), our starting FB and his backup are both out and we used a DT as a FB, and we lost Cook early in the game. And yet that hobbled offense somehow put up 46 points using the "next man up" philosophy.

I think we're just wondering why the defense can't do the same? And I'm not suggesting the D is lazy. I'm simply wondering if they haven't subconsciously eased off a little, knowing there was ZERO margin for error with backup TB, but now the GOAT is back under center...
Thank you.

Not sure why people feel so compelled to defend the defense with the injury excuse. They are acting like Klein and Alonzo are 1st team All-Pro linebackers. People were throwing Klein into the garbage can last year.

Allen didn't have us ready for what shanahan was throwing at us. Throwing being the operative word. Worst yet he never could make an adjustment in-game.

This. Neither Drew nor Teddy play defense, nothing to see here.

False. You can't "score too fast" its the defenses job to make a stop, and as far as giving the defenders a rest with offensive TOP:
Avg. TOP with Teddy ~34min per game
Avg. TOP with Drew ~31min per game
Avg. TOP with Drew (-ATL and those crazy onside recoveries) ~33min per game

Drew is cursed. Always has been. Look for hex bags under his locker.

But the other 3 teams Teddy faced were Seattle, Dallas and Tampa who are all top 5 in total yards and yards per game
Thank you.

And we've played very poorly at home vs Atlanta, Carolina and now San Fran. At home, mind you. Add in the meltdown, at home, vs Houston to begin the season. With Brees under center.

There is definitely something to this. It's not just happenstance.

What are the ground stats Teddy vs Drew, I think we ran the ball alot more with Teddy than we are now, and that's important...

What are the ground stats Teddy vs Drew, I think we ran the ball alot more with Teddy than we are now, and that's important...
Also endured a lot more 3 and outs with Teddy, putting pressure on the defense to play well.

Brees played the best two teams on our schedule - Rams and 49ers. Also, Tampa has a really nice offense, too. Might still be higher if the schedules were even, but this cannot be discounted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom