Defensive stats for Brees' starts vs Bridgewater (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Brees 362 yards a game
Bridgewater 300 yards a game (includes a ton of garbage yards in the 4th quarter in the Seattle game)

Bridgewater's defense would be 4th best in the NFL.
Brees' would be 20th.

So what does this tell us?

Lack of discipline and focus?

That’s seriously the only thing I can think of. Are we missing something else? Crazy that a huge leap in QB play has translated to a sloppier defense. We put up 46 and give up 48? Just crazy.
So an offense that stays on the field longer (Brees) vs a less potent offense (Bridgewater) has effectively hurt our defensive efforts?

Too many other variables. For one Teddy played with a very healthy defense.
Sorry that cannot be the excuse.

We haven't suffered that many injuries on defense. And the two LBs didn't make that much of a difference vs SF. It goes much deeper than that. That secondary was completely embarrassed, including Lattimore.

The defense played better for Teddy. So we know they CAN. They, and we, take Drew for granted. It's a shame.
I assume this is going up be the most sincere and relevant answer given in this discussion.

Thank you for that.

Sorry that cannot be the excuse.

We haven't suffered that many injuries on defense. And the two LBs didn't make that much of a difference vs SF. It goes much deeper than that. That secondary was completely embarrassed, including Lattimore.

No, I’m not making excuses for anyone. I’m just as interested in any correlation as you are. But there are more variables. Time of possession differences and average drive time might help your cause. There is something to be said for pounding the ball and keeping your D off the field after all. And opposing coaches probably call a different game when they aren’t concerned with Drew lighting up the scoreboard

No, I’m not making excuses for anyone. I’m just as interested in any correlation as you are. But there are more variables. Time of possession differences and average drive time might help your cause. There is something to be said for pounding the ball and keeping your D off the field after all. And opposing coaches probably call a different game when they aren’t concerned with Drew lighting up the scoreboard
Your last point is valid.

Although it doesn't totally account for many more egregious mistakes with defensive assignments that have been made with Brees starting at QB. It's baffling.

Brees 362 yards a game
Bridgewater 300 yards a game (includes a ton of garbage yards in the 4th quarter in the Seattle game)

Bridgewater's defense would be 4th best in the NFL.
Brees' would be 20th.

So what does this tell us?

Lack of discipline and focus?

The real question is about the run game look up those stats.

I know our run game is not the same with the QB change.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom