N/S Defensive Tackle contracts are insane: Dalvin Tomlinson signs 4 yr/$57 million contract with Browns (1 Viewer)

SonOfNOLA

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlinson must be incredible against the run because I never would’ve thought a career 2.5-3.5 sack DL gets a $14 million a year deal, especially at 29 years old. I distinctly remember Barkley running over him at the goal line in the Vikings/Giants wildcard game.

Explains why the FO didn’t think it was worth it to give market value to Onyemata and Tuttle

Hopefully we find a good value pickup there. Otherwise I’m fine spending two of our top three picks on DT. It was our biggest need and it’s even bigger now.

Last edited:
Everyone fighting for their money. Bound to happen, but it is a bit high for DT.

Teams all trying to get that big DT that can stuff the run and collapse the pocket and disrupt the run game and passing lanes and maybe get to those running QB's and stop them in the backfield. the premiums on them are going through the roof and they are trying to copy what the eagles defense did the past couple of seasons.

Tomlinson must be incredible against the run because I never would’ve thought a career 2.5-3.5 sack DL gets a $14 million a year deal, especially at 29 years old. I distinctly remember Barkley running over him at the goal line in the Vikings/Giants wildcard game.

Explains why the FO didn’t think it was worth it to give market value to Onyemata and Tuttle

That's why teams who use the draft to improve their teams are at a great advantage(San Fran, Green Bay, Cincinnati). The saints need to stop trading away their draft picks. It's destroying the franchise. By the way are we ever going to get an explanation on why they traded CJ to Philly?

That's why teams who use the draft to improve their teams are at a great advantage(San Fran, Green Bay, Cincinnati). The saints need to stop trading away their draft picks. It's destroying the franchise. By the way are we ever going to get an explanation on why they traded CJ to Philly?
You need an explanation of why they traded CJGJ?

By the way are we ever going to get an explanation on why they traded CJ to Philly?
This has bene answered multiple times.

He wanted significantly more money than we were willing to pay him, and we were willing to pay him as the highest paid slot in the NFL which is the position he played for us.

Once that fell through he became a locker room problem, and that’s when his fate was sealed.

So there are still a few options out there that I believe the Winston deal can free us to pursue, still pending the MT decision.

Sheldon Rankins NYJ
Poona Ford SEA
Matt Ioannidis CAR
A’Shawn Robinson LAR

They all have their reasons, but each is projected under $10m/yr.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom