Dehydrator and flat top grill Ideas (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
So, I inherited a dehydrator and, it appears that I have some time on my hands to explore different ideas. I want to try jerky, but don't believe I have the type of meat I need. Any advice? I have dried some sweet potato for dog treats, but that's it.

I also picked up a flat top grill a couple weeks ago, but I have only made a couple family breakfasts on it. What do y'all do cook on a flat top?

itztime

Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I also picked up a flat top grill a couple weeks ago, but I have only made a couple family breakfasts on it. What do y'all do cook on a flat top?

Smashburgers, Fried Rice with whatever Meat and Vegetable choices you like, I tried fish (flounder) on it one time didn't work out so well, I think it was probably my fault.

Furryankee

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dehydrate banana slices and sliced apples. there are a ton of beef jerky recipes around. Experiment and try it out.

antipop

Phone's ringin', dude
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So, I inherited a dehydrator and, it appears that I have some time on my hands to explore different ideas. I want to try jerky, but don't believe I have the type of meat I need. Any advice? I have dried some sweet potato for dog treats, but that's it.

I use top or bottom round for jerky...usually whichever is on sale...definitely stay away from the curing salts if the dehydrator gets warm enough...buy those silica gel packets for storage

i also suggest you just experiment with different flavors, i have made some pretty kick arse jerky with my dehydrator and i am certainly no culinary genius

Hey Beerman

Hall-of-Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I make jerky the most in mine, I use beef round cut wafer thin because they make nice thin strips and fairly easy to remove the fat from.

Rugruk

Rookie
Reaction score
I have been making jerky the past few weekends, with pretty good success. Eye of Round and flank steak have been my go tos. Flank can be a challenge if you don't have a really sharp knife to cut out most of the fat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom