Dehydrator and flat top grill Ideas (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
So, I inherited a dehydrator and, it appears that I have some time on my hands to explore different ideas. I want to try jerky, but don't believe I have the type of meat I need. Any advice? I have dried some sweet potato for dog treats, but that's it.

I also picked up a flat top grill a couple weeks ago, but I have only made a couple family breakfasts on it. What do y'all do cook on a flat top?

I also picked up a flat top grill a couple weeks ago, but I have only made a couple family breakfasts on it. What do y'all do cook on a flat top?

Smashburgers, Fried Rice with whatever Meat and Vegetable choices you like, I tried fish (flounder) on it one time didn't work out so well, I think it was probably my fault.

Dehydrate banana slices and sliced apples. there are a ton of beef jerky recipes around. Experiment and try it out.

So, I inherited a dehydrator and, it appears that I have some time on my hands to explore different ideas. I want to try jerky, but don't believe I have the type of meat I need. Any advice? I have dried some sweet potato for dog treats, but that's it.

I use top or bottom round for jerky...usually whichever is on sale...definitely stay away from the curing salts if the dehydrator gets warm enough...buy those silica gel packets for storage

i also suggest you just experiment with different flavors, i have made some pretty kick arse jerky with my dehydrator and i am certainly no culinary genius

I make jerky the most in mine, I use beef round cut wafer thin because they make nice thin strips and fairly easy to remove the fat from.

I have been making jerky the past few weekends, with pretty good success. Eye of Round and flank steak have been my go tos. Flank can be a challenge if you don't have a really sharp knife to cut out most of the fat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom