Deion Sanders - "It Happens." (1 Viewer)

I posted when it was announced that Brees would likely start against the Cards that I was concerned in how the team would respond. When Teddy was QB, every player and coach knew they had to be at their very best on every play. The team likes and respected Teddy so it was easy for his teammates to give their best.

My concern was the team relaxing with Captain America Brees back in the saddle. I was greatly relieved after the Cards blowout under Brees. But I'm afraid the team relaxed after that win believing Captain America Brees would conquer all obstacles so they didn't have to be razor-sharp with 110% effort like under Teddy. It's imperative for a SB run that all players and coaches realize they must give the same effort, same toughness, same awareness with Brees as with Teddy.

I don't even think it was that. I just think they looked at the record and assumed a win without putting in the work. The team was just not prepared. I don't personally think they relaxed because Brees is back....I think they relaxed because the Falcons are a 1-7 dumpster fire.

The bad thing is that the Saints usually have 1 or 2 of these games every year where they lay an egg but the good thing is they usually balance it out by winning a couple you don't expect them to win. I'm sure that's the case with most NFL teams because of the thin line between the talent level of all the teams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom