N/S Deion Sanders: They’re letting too many players into the Hall of Fame (1 Viewer)

He's really not lying. Some questionable guys are in and like someone above said for some its can you tell the history of football without this player.

And comically for Eli the question is no you can't. So he'll probably get in eventually
Sure there are some debatable inductees (Bettis, Namath, Swann, Stallworth, Kurt Warner, Tony Dungy) but I think its a reasonable standard deviation to not fault the process. I would say at least 99% of the HoFers belong,

Feel free to name specific players if you disagree.

I just heard on Fox Sports radio that not only the 15 selected 2 weeks ago they are voting for 5 more right now. The first 15 were for the 100th anniversary.

I just heard on Fox Sports radio that not only the 15 selected 2 weeks ago they are voting for 5 more right now. The first 15 were for the 100th anniversary.
Well this year is an exception since the 15 were chosen for the 100th Anniversary.

For comparison here are some guys in the MLB HoF....
Don Sutton
Gaylord Perry (he is in for his spit ball)
Tony Perez
Ernie Lombardi
Phil Rizzuto
Rick Ferrell
Luis Aparicio
Nellie Fox
Jack Morris
Rabbit Maranville
Harold Baines
Lloyd Waner (Paul's brother)
Bert Blyleven
Ron Santo
Is that his REAL name and his REAL specialty?!

Is that his REAL name and his REAL specialty?!
Yes it is his name and he was well known for putting Vaseline on the ball. He was caught once or twice and suspended for it. He even wrote a book called “Me and the Spitter”

Are too many being added to the NFL HOF? I definitely think so. I think they should be adding at most 3 per year. 5-7 seems like a bit much to me.

Eli is gonna get in because of his performances in the 2 SB wins and beating an 18-0 Patriots team. He never had great seasons overall, but was clutch when it counted in those 2 playoff runs. If it was once, he probably doesn't get in, but because he did it twice, that's a game changer. Ultimately, I think it's possible the NFL might select all 3 Mannings, Archie, Peyton and Eli because of the family of quarterbacks impact. Maybe, maybe not, but both Peyton and Eli are getting in, I think.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom