Deja Vu-ish.... (1 Viewer)

jessy

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
About this time last year the Saints were headed off on a road game against a highly favored division opponent.

Most fans had mixed feelings and I don't think any of the so called "experts" picked us to win, but something magical happened in that week 3 game.

The defense came together and started playing as a unit, the offense started firing on all cylinders, and the Saints dominated the Panthers.

They would go on to win 8 games in a row and eventually beat Carolina a third time in the playoffs.

So here's to another magical week 3 that kicks off a win streak that secures us home field advantage throughout the playoffs and a trip to Atlanta, where we hoist another Super Bowl trophy, this time in Falcons own stadium.

WHO DAT!!!

I was just thinking about this - was definitely awesome. Carolina had three tries last year and Brees and Co. dismantled their defense each time.
I would love to see some more offensive balance on Sunday and keep Atlanta’s offense on the sideline.

I like where your head's at. Let's go out and dominate the Failcons in their house and then go shut out the Giants. If you would have given me 3-1 without Mark Ingram at the beginning of the season I would have taken it and not looked back . Let's do this.

Hmmmm.....

Back in 2009 when Saints played Miami in Miami, Coach made it a point to say they would be back in the stadium and that very locker room in Feb...it helped give focus for the rest of the season and through the playoffs.

Considering that Atlanta is hosting this coming SB, this weekend has the possibility for a similar moment... with the small caveat that the NFC Champ will be in the home locker room... ASSUMING it's back open after they attempt to Chlorox out the funk left over from the regular season.

Good stuff to think about....I'm sure Coach has this in his notebook.

I don't care if they have to get team foot massages, coerce voodoo priestesses, visualize superbowl week or pay off the sound system guy, they need to come together and get a "W" this week in the Mercedes butthole arena.

While anything is possible, I try to remember that no two teams are alike and no two seasons will play out the same... for good or for bad.

The Saints do need to make improvements in a lot of key areas if they are going to have anything similar to last year. Despite the 'underwhelming' performances in Games 1 &2, I don't think we have seen the real Saints just yet. But the same can be said of several other teams.

Everyone knows how difficult our schedule is going forward, but that can often tend to get players to focus in better to the task at hand. And I would rather see the Saints building up to playing their best football during the latter part of the season and beyond.

Victories in our division and conference will always be of primary importance and that makes this Sunday very important. I will admit to being concerned about our chances of bringing home a win over Atlanta. But if we can manage a 2-1 record this week, it opens up a world of positive thoughts and hopes in my mind.

Yes, I'll take deja-vu. But when we play like real contenders we will all see it... and we will know that we are poised for another run at greatness.

It all starts this Sunday.

To me this year was also deja-vu-ish, but in a way that was more like 2007 season. In 2006 (and last season) they overachieved, and everyone had even higher aspirations and then 2007 came around and 7-9 :(
Hopefully this season doesn't happen like the 2007 one

To me this year was also deja-vu-ish, but in a way that was more like 2007 season. In 2006 (and last season) they overachieved, and everyone had even higher aspirations and then 2007 came around and 7-9 :(
Hopefully this season doesn't happen like the 2007 one

We're already doing better than 2007. We started off 0-4 that year.

I thought about this too. Would love a big win here. All I worry about is being 0-2 to start the year in the division would make things tough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom