Deja Vu (1 Viewer)

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
The last 3 years with the Saints:

Start off the season with 3-4 heartbreaking losses. Check.
Go on a mini run spending a ton of energy, reach .500 at some point. Check.
Have fans faith in team re-instilled, start talking about possible playoffs. Check.
IMMEDIATELY lose a game that would have put you over .500 but instead has you under AGAIN. Check
Get demoralized.
Lose a few more games.
Win a couple games.
Hover around .500.
Finish season 7-9 or 8-8.
Make more excuses.
Keep Special Teams Coach despite being deplorably bad.
Lather
Rinse
Repeat

Now, admittedly, this team FEELS different. But I just don't know. I HOPE this doesn't happen. But man...

It kills me knowing we have one of the GREATEST QBs of ALL TIME and we can't even win our division or make the playoffs as a wildcard team. I can only imagine what it would be like if we had some mediocre QB. We'd be looking at those dreadful 3-13 seasons again.

It kills me knowing we have one of the GREATEST QBs of ALL TIME and we can't even win our division or make the playoffs as a wildcard team. I can only imagine what it would be like if we had some mediocre QB. We'd be looking at those dreadful 3-13 seasons again.

We'd be Cleveland Browns'n this *****!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0-11 with 5 games to go. Think they'll win one?

NY
Bye
Cin
@ Buf
SD
@ Pit

I can see San Diego...At home...cold winter that those California people aren't used too ahaha. But..if I were the head coach....I would just lose every game so I can get first pick in the draft....only problem is cleaveland can't utilize their draft picks for some reason. Horrible coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0-11 with 5 games to go. Think they'll win one?

NY
Bye
Cin
@ Buf
SD
@ Pit

Could pull one out possibly with the Bills, Bengals and Chargers. Even the Steelers, depends on which team shows up. I doubt it though. Lol....I can't imagine not winning ONE single game in a 16 game season. That's has to really blow.

Could pull one out possibly with the Bills, Bengals and Chargers. Even the Steelers, depends on which team shows up. I doubt it though. Lol....I can't imagine not winning ONE single game in a 16 game season. That's has to really blow.
You know those Lions' fans are hoping for some company. Browns would be the only other team to go 0-16.

To be honest a lot of fans on this board would rather have a 3-13 season as compared to 7-9 or better.With a bad record they get to play arm chair GM and tell everyone how bad the team is and what needs to be done to make the saints a Superbowl contender.

The record shows the saints are the same team they have been the last couple of years, but the effort from the defense is different from those seasons. They still give up some big plays, but there is no quit in those guys. It may not translate to more wins than losses, but the fire is there. A few more pieces and next year should translate to more wins and Carolina will be down at the bottom..

The record shows the saints are the same team they have been the last couple of years, but the effort from the defense is different from those seasons. They still give up some big plays, but there is no quit in those guys. It may not translate to more wins than losses, but the fire is there. A few more pieces and next year should translate to more wins and Carolina will be down at the bottom..
This is pretty much where I am with it

The Saints are close but winners make plays when necessary and losers make excuses. Sure we got jobbed a few times by the refs but a vast majority of the teams do, except for the Seahawks for some unknown reason.

We need a new special teams coordinator. Why he hasn't been let go yet is beyond me. It just might be the 8th Wonder of the World, behind the Hanging Gardens of Giza.

I think our defense will improve with health, experience, and consistency. But we also need a thumper runningback on offense who can make defenses HAVE to honor the run. Brees' numbers might go down but this offense is at its absolute best when it's unpredictable.

I've resigned myself to another 8-8, 7-9 or worse season. Now I can watch the games without expectations.

So far still holding true.

Yup. We suck. And if Atlanta pulls off a win in KC, all hope is over. Our inability to be competitive and win close games has cost us another season.

For some reason, defense has just been unsolvable in NOLA. Not sure a new Coordinator would help. Trade Drew to a team that could win a SB with him next year. Get something for Cooks. Cut Fleener. Draft a QB. Send Payton packing...maybe to SF, for a pick, assuming Kelly bolts back to UO at season's end...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom