Deja Vu (1 Viewer)

The last 3 years with the Saints:

Start off the season with 3-4 heartbreaking losses. Check.
Go on a mini run spending a ton of energy, reach .500 at some point. Check.
Have fans faith in team re-instilled, start talking about possible playoffs. Check.
IMMEDIATELY lose a game that would have put you over .500 but instead has you under AGAIN. Check
Get demoralized.
Lose a few more games.
Win a couple games.
Hover around .500.
Finish season 7-9 or 8-8.
Make more excuses.
Keep Special Teams Coach despite being deplorably bad.
Lather
Rinse
Repeat

Now, admittedly, this team FEELS different. But I just don't know. I HOPE this doesn't happen. But man...
It's a few bad decisions here and there that make the difference in a league where margin of victory is thin. There's enough for the season to turn on in:

1) Bad special teams and refusal to address coaching
2) Elevating a rookie kicker to the roster based on a practice field tryout
3) Fleener's key drops sprinkled in

Those things right there.

This is the Post of the Year!! Same ole Saints with the same ole pattern .

No excuse for todays performance, the officiating was putrid, but even worse was our play on the field.

The most important game of the season, and this was probably our worst game. Destroyed in all phases. Credit to Detroit, they came in just took it to us. That was a beat down. Completely dominated at home in a must win game.

Lots of game checks should be pulled today, not one player earned it today... well maybe Kuhn. Those running plays at the end of the game with Zenner were absolutely pathetic and embarrassing.

This team is allergic to doing anything right. To dropping easy pick sixes, to making boneheaded mistakes, we do it all to make sure we implode.

I am starting to wonder if this team has heart. Is it the upper management? Is it dead money? Is it coaching? Because, I just can't understand why this team can't put it together.

I am glad my pops, brother, cousins, and other family members were alive to see the Saints win a Super Bowl in my lifetime because, the way it's trending, I don't know if we will EVER see another one.

Special teams have been awful, the defense has been awful but when they finally show up, the offense sputters.

I just don't know.

Go watch the movie "Groundhog Day" with Bill Murray. It's basically the Saints last 3 seasons, the same story over and over again. Like I've said too many times already, I'm tired of it and ready for a change.

The last 3 years with the Saints:

Start off the season with 3-4 heartbreaking losses. Check.
Go on a mini run spending a ton of energy, reach .500 at some point. Check.
Have fans faith in team re-instilled, start talking about possible playoffs. Check.
IMMEDIATELY lose a game that would have put you over .500 but instead has you under AGAIN. Check
Get demoralized.
Lose a few more games.
Win a couple games.
Hover around .500.
Finish season 7-9 or 8-8.
Make more excuses.
Keep Special Teams Coach despite being deplorably bad.
Lather
Rinse
Repeat

Now, admittedly, this team FEELS different. But I just don't know. I HOPE this doesn't happen. But man...

Annnnnnnnnnnd scene.

The sad thing is many of us Saints fans saw this writing on the wall. I wrote this thread on 11/13, in other words about 7 weeks ago and the pattern of the last 3 years still held true.

I think I emotionally checked out of the season about 3 weeks ago but today's loss, along with the catch that wasn't a catch has me frustrated as a fan. More mediocrity. More bad defense, more bad special teams, another incredible offensive year WASTED.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom