Del.icio.us (1 Viewer)

eaux-yeah

Keep on Puffin'
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
This is mentioned throughout a few threads. Thought I would start a new thread on this subject.

Seriously people, go there.
http://del.icio.us
Great stuff. Free, easy, and you stand a good chance of earning extra nerd points. :hihi:

Severum, I just checked yours out and added you to my network.
I have a question for you. I love the way you have yours laid out. Mine is utter chaos!
Is that 'Bundles' you have set up? I still have many booksmarks in categories they shouldn't be. The way yours is setup will fix mine.

Also:
Code:
curl --user account:password -o delicious.xml -O 'https://api.del.icio.us/v1/posts/all'
:9:
Since it's xml, I see lots of potential.

Yeah, those are tag bundles, with hundreds of discordant tags it really helps clean things up. I need to do a bit of maintenance on my unbundled tags.

For the uninitiated, del.icio.us is a social bookmarking site that allows you to keep and view other's online bookmarks. Links are categorized with subject tags which can be browsed chronologically (technology tag) or by popularity. The main page lets you view recently popular sites like Digg or get more specific with the popular and recent sections.

There are Firefox/IE extensions plus more basic info in the help section.

del.icio.us is very useful for finding relevant links on a subject. My google usage probably saw a big drop once I began deliciousing. The social aspect is great once you find a person versed on a topic you're interested in so you can mine their bookmarks or add them to your network. I've found that collections with notes are generally highest quality, so those are the first I check when browsing a tag/url history for more links.

My del.icio.us is here.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom