Delay the season and shorten it to 13 games idea (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
If the virus gets out of hand to the point where the season may get canceled, I think they should postpone it until December. Here is the rest of the idea.

Go from 17 games to just 13 games.
And that's with fans or no fans.

I know that there's supposed to be two wild card teams in both conferences this season, but because of what's going on, they may have to get rid of one in each conference or even both.

Another option is to have the eight-division winners play against each other in the playoffs regardless of which conference they are in. Best record out of the eight-division winners gets home-field advantage. So basically, it would be an eight-team playoff. Here's the format

Seeds 1 through 4 will host playoff games at their home stadium. Number one seed gets home-field advantage.
Seeds 5 through 8 are road teams, plain and simple.

1 seed plays the 8 seed
2 seed plays the 7 seed
3 seed plays the 6 seed
4 seed plays the 5 seed

As long as the 1 seed wins their games, they will continue to host a playoff game.
The final two seeds remaining will play each other in the Super Bowl.
Due to the pandemic, the Super Bowl may have to take place in one of the two remaining home stadiums. So let's say that the Saints and the Ravens are the last two teams remaining. Saints record is 14-2, and the Ravens are 12-4, the Super Bowl will be played at our place because we are the number one seed and we have the better record between the two.

You are more than welcome to chime in on this and share your idea. I prefer delaying the season and cutting a few games versus canceling the season altogether or playing a bubble.

I’ve been thinking they should cut it to 12 and drop the interconference games. Each team gets five off weeks. I’m not sure how you would neatly pick three games to cut from a team’s schedule.

Blending the conferences in the playoffs seems pointless and would never happen, anyway. But, eliminating the wild card round would probably be the smart thing to do. Which means it won’t happen. They should, at the very least, postpone implementing the 14 team format until next year.

Lets just have a 32 team bracket and see what happens.

/sarcasm (although would be interesting to see who would win 5 in a row to earn a Championship)

How about a suicide season. They would never do it for many reasons but it would definitely be interesting

Nope. We play the Brady Bucs in Week One and the league/media have already decided they want us to lose.

to be fair Brady and Tampa will go for a 7 play TD drive with 5 first downs on the first drive and this board will instantly melt. We will win the game though but I gurantee the opening drive will be ugly, always is for our D

to be fair Brady and Tampa will go for a 7 play TD drive with 5 first downs on the first drive and this board will instantly melt. We will win the game though but I gurantee the opening drive will be ugly, always is for our D
We're the better team for sure, but my fear is that the script has already been written. Who plays the Brady-Bucs when nobody has tape on what Arians will do with Tom, Gronk, etc.? Yeah, us. Just like last year when they had us travel to L.A. on a short week to prove the NFCCG was not a ref mistake.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom