Deloatch and Groce (1 Viewer)

ReVolutioN80

Very Banned
Reaction score
These are 2 new cbs that we brought in during the offseason, i havent really seen any of them play other than Deloatchs recovery td for the Atl game.I know everyones been talking about replacing thomas or making him 3rd cb because he doesnt have it anymore, any possibility of these guys replacing him?

You never know with Payton. I would not be surprised to see him bring in a CB if things don't get better this weekend..

Deloatch played alot verse the Steelers. I think I saw Groce in on a play also.

Id like to see how they do on a coverage play just them vs the receiver, cant be worse than what thomas is doing.

Seriously guys I know it looks like Thomas is getting burned but the bottom line is that Bullocks and stoutmire are not playing in position and are bighting on the playfake too much. Chad Johnsons only two big plays on Thomas were the long bomb that fred covered well and made the tackle at the 3 and the TD on the slant. While both were his fault he is not the best in the league but he is the best we have right know so lets see if Bryan Scott doesn't get a little more plying time if this continues.

deloatch hasnt done anything since the 9/25 falcons game....

groce only has been in on ST's but this guy was a starter last year and played alot in 04' i believe...give him a shot.

Deloach (however you spell it) was a starting quarterback for a very good Giants defense and Groce was a capable player on the rams defense, he was/is a good returner and playmaker in the defensive backfield, I think that Payton doesnt wanna mess up the continuity on the defense which is why he hasnt inserted players like Deloatch, Groce or Clark, thinkin things may get worse, but there capable...

Deloatch, Groce or Clark

id love for at least 2 of those to be inserted in the defense.

Was it Craft that ran down Parker in the Pitt game?
Whoever it was, that play showed me something. Whoever that CB was, wanted to win and has great heart!!!

Deloatch started at QB for the Giants? Holy cow! Didn't know they were that bad before Manning :)

I don’t understand the hating on Thomas. He has always played well…... well most of the times. If you watch the games you see it’s not his play but the def play calling. Not saying its bad just saying its wrong that times or the S doesn’t play it right and the cb gets put on a highlight on ESPN and both S do bite ALOT. And I like Bullocks but he still needs better discipline.

And MM has played damn good football this year too. We just need help from the S in coverage and the LBs to play the run better. And in better I mean make some plays not just stop them..... Get in the back field and get on some highlights so the S doesn’t need or think they need to bite so hard. If our LBs played a bit better I think we would see a huge improvement over all. It keeps our DBs from having to be the last man on run plays and lets them play man if we get a big physical cb like MM. In the league now you can’t man up without help. So if the LBs picked it up it opens our play calling a lot. Playing good cover 2 on 1 and 2 downs would stop the big plays in most cases.

I can't believe you guys are suggesting Groce actually see the field. There is a big drop in talent from Thomas to Craft and the leap from Craft to Groce is even bigger. The guy was burnt toast for years with the Rams. Thomas has had 2 bad games.

I would love to see Payton start Deloatch this weekend and put Thomas back in the nickle spot where he belongs. I have absolutely no confidence in Thomas and his ability to cover the deep ball. I think Ashley Lelie will eat him up Sunday.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom