Delvin Breaux on one side and Adoree Jackson on the other: What do you think? (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
If we select him do you think, Sean Payton will use him on the offensive side of the ball as well? He could be the piece that we needed to make a deep run next season.

I'm highily in favor of it. But the added bonus, which might be the main thing to him, is his ability as a return man.

Teams wouldn't kick to him and if they did, he could blow games wide open. And for the inevitable special teams coach comment...that problem will sort itself out before long. And shouldn't linger into 2017.

Back to Jackson, only question is where do we end up in draft position? And if we stay in the middle of the 1st, do we pull the trigger on him up there? Might have to.

Jabrill, adoree, Jamal Adams and Tre White. There are a lot to like in the first round.

Today's league where you can't breathe on a WR, you need DBs with ball skills and he has them.

If he would fall to us in round 2 then I'd grab him. I think we're good at corner, but could use an upgrade if he climbs the depth chart. We can find a returner in later rounds. But to get both a corner and a KR out of him... and a deep threat on offense. That's something... but not in round 1. We need a future all-pro to add to our front 7 with that pick.

1a. Reuben Foster
1b. Malik Hooker
1c. Adoree Jackson

Other than return skills, exactly what makes him stand out? I have only seen 1 USC game this year and frankly I'm not sure he'd start for LSU. He'd be in the rotation for sure, but he gets a lot of praise and I'm, not sure why.

Other than return skills, exactly what makes him stand out? I have only seen 1 USC game this year and frankly I'm not sure he'd start for LSU. He'd be in the rotation for sure, but he gets a lot of praise and I'm, not sure why.

You didn't watch Notre Dame vs USC yesterday? Adoree was straight up amazing. He took over the game.

Only thing I don't like about him is the way he was showboating and taunting - to me it screamed "me first" kind of guy. I don't want any more Junior Galette's.

This guy is a helluva helluva football player though. He's dangerous every time he gets near the ball.

--edit, see writeup from game yesterday, below--
By the time Adoree Jackson effortlessly hurdled Notre Dame's kicker and sprinted off to strike a Heisman pose in the end zone, every rain-soaked soul already knew they were seeing the culmination of something special for Southern California.

Jackson might have punctuated his three-year career at the Coliseum with one last virtuoso display of his talent, although he hasn't decided yet.

The Trojans unquestionably wrapped up their regular season by with a fitting climax to a two-month crescendo.

Jackson returned a punt and a kickoff for touchdowns and caught a scoring pass to propel No. 12 USC to its eighth consecutive victory, 45-27 over Notre Dame on Saturday in the 88th edition of their famed intersectional rivalry.

USC fans chanted ''One more year!'' throughout the second half at the smiling junior, who has scored five touchdowns against Notre Dame in his career. He returned a punt 55 yards for a score before turning a short pass into a 52-yard TD and then taking a kickoff 97 yards for his third score, leaping over John Chereson along the way.

His return skills are certainly worth a second-round pick though. I mean, the Bears burned one on Devin Hester way back when, and most other franchises I think would, in hindsight, have been willing to take him even earlier.

He probably needs a year or two before he can be counted on to start at corner, but those returns skills coupled with the possibility of featuring him on a few offensive plays and him playing some nickel and dime snaps along the way, certainly makes him a worthwhile prospect.

In my uneducated opinion of course.

You didn't watch Notre Dame vs USC yesterday? Adoree was straight up amazing. He took over the game.

Only thing I don't like about him is the way he was showboating and taunting - to me it screamed "me first" kind of guy. I don't want any more Junior Galette's.

This guy is a helluva helluva football player though. He's dangerous every time he gets near the ball.

--edit, see writeup from game yesterday, below--
So then, No. He doesn't really offer much outside of his return skills? I'd rather they spend the pick on a CB who is going to actually cover people.

So then, No. He doesn't really offer much outside of his return skills? I'd rather they spend the pick on a CB who is going to actually cover people.

I didn't say that. He also had two tackles and two passes defensed. But if you had watched the game, you'd know what I mean. The guy is a straight up high impact football player. He took over that game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom