Delvin Breaux on why he isn’t with the Saints anymore (1 Viewer)

Sounds like a loser mentality to me. What has he ever won!!!!

Well against all odds he not only recovered from a broken neck that derailed his promising D1 college career, but he was able to go on to reach the highest level of his field by making it to the CFL and then the NFL as a starting CB and as lagniappe, he got to play for his hometown team. That sounds like a very successful career and life to me.

What exactly have you accomplished to that level to tarnish his career achievements? :unsure:

Not exactly sure where he’s going, but 31 other teams aren’t signing him either.

Injuries, work ethic, talent, comprehension of assignments, whatever it is that he’s lacking, the bottom line is he isn’t an NFL DB.

Nothing to feel bad about.

99.999999999% of the males in this country don’t have what it takes to be an NFL DB.

He was pretty effective for one season before the injury, which can sadly sink alot of NFL careers very quickly

If he hadn't gotten hurt, he would have been the second best corner on the team for the last two years, until we got Apple last year. Indeed, we may have never traded for Apple if Breaux had beenl on the roster and healthy.

He wasn't great while he was here.
He looked promising his first year, then got hurt.
We now have 4 CB's on our roster that are better then Breaux.
I wish him the best but he's not in the NFL because he's not good enough to be.

I'm gonna reach here and say it may have something to do w/the "misdiagnosis" in 17. If I recall, the team wanted him to practice/play, seemingly questioning the validity of Breaux's injury. From the outside looking in, I assume Breaux didnt like being doubted by the team and whatever happened behind the scenes soured the relationship. I mean, he was a restricted FA, and we didnt even offer him the lowest tender to protect him from hitting the market that year. That kind of says a lot right there.

But I dont know...He obviously still has mad love the team as fan, though.

Breux can say that all he wants too

Literally during the offseason at that point he was doing interviews saying he wasnt going to sign with anyone else. That he wanted to be a saint and that's it.

He can act like hes not on the team bc he doesnt kiss butt.

That's not true at all. Hes not in the team bc the team was tired of waiting on him to become available and they had to move on.

All props to him now, hes really doing great in the CFL. He has looked back to form. Hes older now though, and his time in the NFL has passed I'm sure

If I have to choose between making so much $$$ I set my family and children’s children up for life and kiss a little tush while doing it, and making $175,000 per year while being forced to live in Canada, grab me the most expensive lipstick from Sephora.

Forced to live in Canada?

Have you been here?

It is a really, really nice place to live.

Whoever he is talking with is talking about being demoted from a king to a pawn. May have to realize that a fringe NFL player is not a king.

I have no love lost for Breaux. He's a typical home kid who shares the same passion for the Saints as we do. The only difference is that he actually had a chance to play for them and saw some dirty business go down. I wish those injuries never happened to he and Keenan. However i'm happy that he has overcame another setback and is still playing the sport that he loves.

And, if I am not mistaken, guilliermo lives in Montreal, which is one of the coolest cities in the world--and I am not referring to climate. :D

Breaux is such a strange case. Did he suddenly forget how to play cornerback? It's so weird.

He’s not wrong. Nobody should feel disrespected at the workplace.

I better statement is that no one should be disrespected in the workplace (and even that is arguable).

When you get into "feelings" then you have to look at the issues the person with the feelz brings to the table.

He was pretty effective for one season before the injury, which can sadly sink alot of NFL careers very quickly

If he hadn't gotten hurt, he would have been the second best corner on the team for the last two years, until we got Apple last year. Indeed, we may have never traded for Apple if Breaux had beenl on the roster and healthy.

Nor would we have made a move for Lattimore, either.

Breaux is a winner in life simply because he had one after the spinal cord injury. He has a lot to be thankful for; he'll come to know that as time goes by.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom