Delvin Breaux on why he isn’t with the Saints anymore (1 Viewer)

Seems to me that Delvin Breaux and keenan lewis went kinda the same path when joining and leaving the Saints. Both from the area and had decided to join the Saints. And both were let go because they could not get back on the field because of injuries. Neither was able to get on with another NFL team as well. And both are now bitter with the Saints because of the way they were let go.

Real spill, it's crazy to see some of the comments with the anti-Breaux tones when everybody was riding hard when he was locking down some of the NFL's best WRs. Everybody knows how that whole thing went down with the injury to no fault of his. Wasnt because he cant play, if we being honest...

We have not seen a pattern of players being disrespected over the last couple of years, so i wouldn't give this tweet much weight. As respect in general, its not deserved, its earned.

They told this man to go run and tackle people with a broken leg, and when he says it's wrong you tell him what a loser he is and how bad he is.

Yeah, he's not in the league anymore. Think he'd be playing if he had realized his damn leg was broken?

What's making you all take the side of the millionaires and billionaires who hired him and wanted him to go to work hurt, rather than supporting this regular guy with a dream?

Some of us tried to tell the board that there was bad blood between Breaux and the coaching staff. Most wanted to believe it was all just a misunderstanding.

And it's not just "oh the Saints wanted him to play injured." It started before his last injury.

And, if I am not mistaken, guilliermo lives in Montreal, which is one of the coolest cities in the world--and I am not referring to climate. :D

Breaux is such a strange case. Did he suddenly forget how to play cornerback? It's so weird.

Yep, I live in Montreal, a very cool and cold city. Thanks AarpSaint.

And he played really well last season in Hamilton, he was voted the best at his position.

We still on this dude? The guys on the roster right now at his position are a huge upgrade.

I think he chose to go back to the CFL...I'd wager other teams have probably called him considering he is the #1 CB in the CFL. The guy played at a very high level for a year in the league when the rest of the defense was terrible.

He was rated the 5th best corner by PFF at the time of that writing with excellent coverage on Julio Jones. There is only 1 CB on our team that may be better than Breaux. EDIT: I meant that year.

Last edited:
No idea what he means but if he means tow the company line or otherwise follow company rules I have no sympathy for it. We ALL have to play the game or choose or be invited to move on.

He is just trying to act like he had a choice. If anyone outside a bad Arena team had wanted him he might have a point.

Seems to me that Delvin Breaux and keenan lewis went kinda the same path when joining and leaving the Saints. Both from the area and had decided to join the Saints. And both were let go because they could not get back on the field because of injuries. Neither was able to get on with another NFL team as well. And both are now bitter with the Saints because of the way they were let go.

Both were misdiagnosed by doctors and we're both accused of not toughing it out by Saints coaches. We saw K Lewis play with a grapefruit sized knee when he probably should not have. I'm pretty sure that only damaged his knee further.

So if I thought the Saints admitted incompetence contributed to my ability to recover from injury and shortened my career, who are you to tell me I should take that in stride?

I think he chose to go back to the CFL...I'd wager other teams have probably called him considering he is the #1 CB in the CFL. The guy played at a very high level for a year in the league when the rest of the defense was terrible.

He was rated the 5th best corner by PFF at the time of that writing with excellent coverage on Julio Jones. There is only 1 CB on our team that may be better than Breaux.

Do what?

He played 3 seasons with us.
In those three seasons he only played all of 2015 and not even half of 2016. He never made it through preseason of 2017.
2015, his stand out year. He was one of the top rated corners who also gave up an insane amount of TD's. I think he lead the league in TD passes allowed.

He was great comeback story and it was always awesome having guys like him and Lewis who grew up Saint's fans, playing for us.

He is in no way, shape or form better than our starting CB's.
Not even remotely close.

Apple, Lattimore and Robinson are light years ahead of what we had in those years.

Here's my "context" on the matter:

Delvin Breaux will always have my respect (along with Michael Lewis) because both are local dudes who could have ended up on the scrap heap of life by feeling sorry for themselves. Instead, each fought hard to make it to the NFL, despite what they had to fight through to get there! That, for me, has them earning a lot of repect stock.

Michael Lewis will always be head & shoulders above Breaux. Lewis not only overcame his size to succeed in the league, he became the best in the business at his craft. Not only that, but ML was also a top shelf goodwill ambassador off the field.

Even though Breaux can't hold a candle to Lewis, he has still nonetheless overcome seemingly insurmountable odds to make it as far as he has today. Many men in similar situations would have said "fork it," and reached for the bottle, blunt, or several lines of the white stuff... while making excuses because life dealt them a dirty blow.

Wishing Breaux all the best. He's still in the game (pun intended), and who can fault him about that?

JMO

:gosaints:

Last edited:
Do what?

He played 3 seasons with us.
In those three seasons he only played all of 2015 and not even half of 2016. He never made it through preseason of 2017.
2015, his stand out year. He was one of the top rated corners who also gave up an insane amount of TD's. I think he lead the league in TD passes allowed.

He was great comeback story and it was always awesome having guys like him and Lewis who grew up Saint's fans, playing for us.

He is in no way, shape or form better than our starting CB's.
Not even remotely close.

Apple, Lattimore and Robinson are light years ahead of what we had in those years.

Boy you contrdict yourself, did he play 3 seasons or did he play 24 games. Did the rest of the saints defense allow a few TDs that years or were the absolutely terrible across the board. Has this not been a historically bad defense regardless of Breaux being there?

Did breaux have 19 PDF which is a pretty good stat, the guy was highly rated that year by guys who know football. It's not my opinion, I am giving you stats calculated by NFL statisticians not pulling something out of my starfish.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom