Delvin Breaux out 6 weeks - fractured fibula (merged) (1 Viewer)

Swampy Saint

Super Forum Fanatic
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Delvin Breaux out 6 weeks

Had procedure on fractured fibula today. No word on potential roster moves yet.

I think his injury was the turning point.... Not good.... but.... let's move on

Bring back Finnegan, he and the other DB will be the veteran help to mix with PJ, Davis and Crawley.

So, we're on the phone with Finnegan already right?

And Sterling Moore is ready to play too.

OK. Good news then.

Get healthy, Breaux! Come back just in time to make a playoff run.

I realize every team has injuries, but it is crazy how every season we seem to have major injuries to someone in a key position on defense. It mostly happens at the beginning of the season too.

Add about 3 more weeks to that. Saints are always underestimating the time.

6 weeks is only 5 games.... Coulda been way worse.
Get well soon. If we can go 3-3 without him that
Would keep us in the hunt
He might be able to start rehab at 4 weeks

The Saints have some strategic considerations with Rankins and Breaux out. Rankins is already on IR so he can be designated at the right time to come back to the active roster. If they do the same thing with Breaux they will have to make a choice between them. Thus my guess is that they will keep Breaux on the active roster as an inactive for the recovery period saving a IR return spot for Rankins at mid season.

Is that a real 6 weeks or a Rankins-style 6 weeks?

The public won't get good enough details of the fibula break to know for sure. 6 week (or even less) could be realistic for what amounts to a crack small enough not to ruin the integrity of the bone. A full break (shearing) of the bone? If it were that bad, then even 10 weeks would be an unrealistic timeline.

Is that a real 6 weeks or a Rankins-style 6 weeks?

I'm assuming that a lighter CB like Breaux will probably be able to play sooner then a huge guy like Rankins with the same injury.

I've always heard 6 weeks for this injury is normal. I don't know why Rankins is going to end up taking 10 weeks (or maybe he won't but because of the IR rules, he can't start practicing again until week 6).

Add about 3 more weeks to that. Saints are always underestimating the time.

If we have two fibula fractures end up taking 9+ weeks, then we need better doctors.

That's a 6-8 week injury even among the general public.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom