Delvin Breaux out 6 weeks - fractured fibula (merged) (1 Viewer)

I don't know why Rankins is going to end up taking 10 weeks (or maybe he won't but because of the IR rules, he can't start practicing again until week 6).

Bolded is correct.

This is better than I anticipated. Take care of yourself, Chip.

I'm assuming that a lighter CB like Breaux will probably be able to play sooner then a huge guy like Rankins with the same injury.

I've always heard 6 weeks for this injury is normal. I don't know why Rankins is going to end up taking 10 weeks (or maybe he won't but because of the IR rules, he can't start practicing again until week 6).

One thing going in our favor is that Breaux has miraculous healing ability, so maybe he'll be ready in less than 6 weeks.

If they intend to bring Rankins back then they can't IR Breaux, as i understand the rule it only applies to bringing back one player. Is this still correct?

They will have to carry Breaux for 6 weeks and drop a RB or whatever if they want to add a player.

Bring back Finnegan, he and the other DB will be the veteran help to mix with PJ, Davis and Crawley.

Probably the case. However, Moore, Finnegan and Harris are better suited for the nickel/slot. We could use an outside CB.

6 weeks is better than 10. Here's so a speedy recovery and hopefully we have him back for a strong push the 2nd half of the season.

Probably the case. However, Moore, Finnegan and Harris are better suited for the nickel/slot. We could use an outside CB.

No doubt. Are we going to have to run some zone or cover two? I can't see much straight up man on man. Maybe PJ can continue to match up but the other side is gonna need help. Hope a new alignment doesn't takes KV out of the box if he's needed to help in coverage. I'd feel so much better if the DL could generate consistent pressure like they did during the pre-season.

I brought this up in another post. I'm perplexed about how the CB situation was handled by Payton and Loomis throughout the offseason and TC. Kyle wilson was lost to an injury. You had Lewis who was a big question mark. So was Swann. Now both of them are out for the year and/or off the team. That left Breaux and PJ Williams, who was also plagued with an injury and missed all of last season. That left 2 UDRFA as any sort of depth. Breaux goes down yesterday and everything feel apart on the defense when that happened. And it cost them the game. Then you have 6 RBs on the roster with one of them, Spiller, not even activated. Sorry I'm no GM and do not profess to be but this just doesn't make sense. I don't get it. Can someone else explain it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom