Dem ticket (1 Viewer)

Hillary should not be anyone's #2, IMO... If she's smart, she won't lobby for it or accept it if offered. My personal opinion is that IF Obama wins this year-- the mess he's inheriting will be so hellacious that he won't possibly turn it around and will look really bad. I'm not *hoping* that happens, it is just what I *think* will happen. Then, in 2012 Hillary will run and might still lose, but would have a better chance of being President than attaching herself right now to an Obama Presidency that is doomed to fail because of Bush's policies. I hope I'm wrong.

I hear this sort of argument - and there's certainly nothing wrong with it.

But I also think people think that all she cares about is the Presidency. I don't think that's the case. She's really only been a Senator - and only that for what, like 8 years? I think she wants to be involved in government and politics at a high level, and Vice Pres. would be something that is very attractive to her if she can't get the nomination.

I don't think its a good idea for the party - but there's ample reasons why it would be attractive to her.

Hillary should not be anyone's #2, IMO... If she's smart, she won't lobby for it or accept it if offered. My personal opinion is that IF Obama wins this year-- the mess he's inheriting will be so hellacious that he won't possibly turn it around and will look really bad. I'm not *hoping* that happens, it is just what I *think* will happen. Then, in 2012 Hillary will run and might still lose, but would have a better chance of being President than attaching herself right now to an Obama Presidency that is doomed to fail because of Bush's policies. I hope I'm wrong.

If Obama is elected, Hillary's earliest opportunity to run is in 2016.

Obama would have to be a bottom 5 President in order to make Hillary going up against him in 2012 viable.

You are absolutely right about one thing, however. She needs to forget about being VP and use her talents (which are considerable) in the Senate. A run for greatness in the Senate is her destiny.

It may not be the destiny she was hoping for, but it's not a bad one...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom