Saints Demario Davis deal (1 Viewer)

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Demario Davis is such a cool guy. He’s a heart first guy and this second contract proves it. 3 years $27 million is an amazing deal for the Saints. He could have gotten $15 million per. But he wanted to remain on the team. Pair this with what he does for the community and he’s just an amazing person. This team is so much more than X’s and O’s.

That was a very team friendly deal for the Saints. Demario Davis is an exceptional linebacker and from all that I know, an exceptional human being. When you get right down to it, the man will make at least $18 million in the next two years, with bonus and salary. If you are smart (and he is smart) and you are a family man and just want to live a good life after football, you are set. That's all you need right there to live the rest of your life in happiness and wealth well beyond 99.9% of your fellow citizens. Would be nice to see more players who are able to figure this out and stay with a team they love and a city that loves football. In the end, it is a career payday for any really good player who hits their second contract. A career payday that can easily set them up for life.

Exceptional, team friendly deal for an exceptional player. Can't ask for more than that as a fan.

Details on Demario's deal. And it's so team friendly - goodness. He's one of the best all-around LBs in the league. He's making a run at one of the all-time great Saints, love that guy.

Now I'm confused. Is 2023 a voidable year?

In other words is this really a 2yr 27mil extention?

Edit: Underhill clarified that 2024 was the voidable year. Which is still strange since the number he gave add up over 27 mil. Maybe the are saving it for a future restructure.

Last edited:
just love the players on this team so much. The Saints are full of 1st class people.

On Monday Night Football may the man of God strike down upon thee Raiders.

This contract is great on so many levels. It's the most team friendly deal I've seen in a long time. I remember Colston signing a team friendly deal instead of chasing money in free agency. For some guys there's more to it than money and it's a breath of fresh air.

Davis is 31 years old so the Saints have him at a reasonable price for the rest of his prime. Even if his play declines it's not like the Saints will be hamstrung by a 13-15 million dollar a year contract.

Just compare his deal to his All Pro LBer mate:

Bobby Wagner 30 years old, 18 million a year

Demario Davis 31 years old, 9 million a year

He's quickly vaulting to one of my favorite Saints of all time. Great player, seems to be an even better person. Very happy with this signing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom