Demario Davis gets extension (2 Viewers)

Quietly one of the greatest free agent signings of all-time. It's a shame that the MLB position doesn't get the same respect that it used to; this man is a superstar.

Here's something else that is very impressive:

tiSzSNR.jpg
This guy is the model of consistency.

Top 5 for me, right after the dome patrol. He’s an amazing player.
DD is also not a self-promoter and does nothing to draw attention to himself other than be a great player and from all accounts a great human being

Considering DD's curent age, it shows you his character and commitment to the Saints. Many aging players will try to leverage a longer deal in order to lock up more long term money.
Not true, an aging player has no leverage for more years, this is the best deal an aging player can get in a 1yr extension that can be revisited each year.

Not true, an aging player has no leverage for more years, this is the best deal an aging player can get in a 1yr extension that can be revisited each year.
It doesn't stop them from trying to get it, and I've seen my fair share of older players with crazy deals that end up being dead cap money.

What a great team friendly deal. Demario is a true Saint forever. He could’ve gotten a lot more money in his last 2 deals and hasn’t made us break the bank on him.

One of the best production/$$$ contracts in the NFL.

Where does this guy rank with the fans in all-time Saints linebackers now? I gotta think he is top 5 off the top of my head.
Hes the best LB and maybe the best defensive player I’ve ever seen in a saints uniform. For someone who never had the privilege of watching the Dome Patrol. Lattimore and Cam are close 2nd’s. But man Demario is a monster.

Good with that. He deserves it. Great player. Great leader. And dependable.

Where does this guy rank with the fans in all-time Saints linebackers now? I gotta think he is top 5 off the top of my head.
Tough to say with different style defenses and different eras. Ask 10 fans and you'd likely get 10 different answers. I got it like this:
1) Rickey
2) Sam
3) Demario (never thought I'd say this b/c of #1 and #2, but possibly higher depending on the rest of his career)
4) Vilma
5) Swilling
6) Vaughn
7) Fields? Tubbs? Neither were here long enough. Maybe Fujita?

I know I would. Vilma was really good but I can say with any level of certainty that he was better than DD. And DD has done it longer for the Saints
How so? Vilma played 5 years for the Saints whereas Davis has played 4. Or are you talking about production?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom