Democratic Debate (Obama/Clinton): Political Theatre - Will you watch? What do you expect? (1 Viewer)

Pure Energy

Rethink Everything
Reaction score
I'll be watching. One on one, I'm expecting some fireworks. Hopefully, more than the trivial exchanges between McCain and Romney yesterday. I'll be severely disappointed if they've entered into a tacit agreement to keep this debate civil and above the fray.

I wonder if they'll be any mud slinging tonight.

I hope there is no mud slinging. And I will be watching.

Obama won't start the mud slinging and Hillary is getting way too much backlash from her and Bill's pitbull tactics. I expect tonight to be nice, too nice even.

I haven't paid attention since SC this weekend...what time and channel is it on tonight?

I haven't paid attention since SC this weekend...what time and channel is it on tonight?

8 p.m. EST on CNN.

Would anyone be surprised if Hillary cries during the debate?

batfict610181813133220.jpg

Yes, I would be. She can't cry again. Once was the right amount to work for her and drive the NH victory. Do it again and she'll be cast off as emotionally unstable and unable to run the country.

In some of the other threads I've been questioning Obama's true chances come the 5th, and I still do question if he can beat Hillary...but there has been a shift in the polls somewhat since Edwards left yesterday and Kennedy came on board. But he still trails in nearly every state though places like California are tight. Most everyone her e seems to think he will take the Dems nomination though it seems.

Obama won't start the mud slinging and Hillary is getting way too much backlash from her and Bill's pitbull tactics. I expect tonight to be nice, too nice even.

Obama can't afford for it to be nice. He needs to hammer home the whole "bridge to the future vs. more of the past" angle. And once he does, Grendel will rise forth in all her wrath to attack the upstart. There's just too much at stake.

Most everyone her e seems to think he will take the Dems nomination though it seems.

I don't know. I think there's more support for him here on the Dem side but I think most believe Clinton will get the nomination.

Obama can't afford for it to be nice. He needs to hammer home the whole "bridge to the future vs. more of the past" angle. And once he does, Grendel will rise forth in all her wrath to attack the upstart. There's just too much at stake.

I don't think GrendHill will attack. She'll play the victim tonight. She's taking too much heat for being on the offensive, time for a few days of victimhood. After Tuesday she'll be back on the attack again.

That's the Clinton MO. Attack, attack, attack and when the backlash starts bat your eyes and whine about how everyone is being so mean to you.

Tonight is a bat your eyes and whine night. It's right there on page 17 of the Clinton playbook. :hihi:

I don't know. I think there's more support for him here on the Dem side but I think most believe Clinton will get the nomination.

Yeah, you're right. I suppose a better statement would have been cautious optimism.

Grendhill --- I likes.

Maybe you're right and she'll become an Oppressed Woman (TM) again tonight, but if Obama throws the first punch -- which I think he has to, because this is his last opportunity to push those wavering voters over the hump -- she'll have license to swing back. Knowing her, it'll be a kidney punch, maybe an elbow, if not an outright kick to the groin.

I'm not watching. No question who I would vote for out of those two. I may register Dem in every state they hit just to vote against Hillary.

The question is who I will vote for if it's Obama and McCain....

Yeah, you're right. I suppose a better statement would have been cautious optimism.

Obama has narrowed the national polls to 4pts. at 43 to 39. He's trending upwards picking up 11 pts. in the last 10 days.

Hillary will come out of Tuesday on top but as I've said before if Obama is within 150-200 delegates come Wednesday morning this thing is going to be really interesting down the stretch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom