Democrats take the Senate!! (1 Viewer)

Allen's presidential aspirations are over, but not his political aspirations...

earlier in the day, some people I know were looking into what he could do. I don't think that he wouldn't do it, but I think they didn't see any hope there. I'm sure that you're right, RJ, he's not finished and he doesn't want to torch the bridges over the Potomac.

Looks like Allen will concede at his press conference today, Burns did also. Now the race to replace Mehlman begins.

so who would be the front runner for the Reps 08 nominee?

Mark Sanford governor of South Carolina would be my choice.

"Governor Sanford has sometimes had a contentious relationship with the SC General Assembly -even though it is dominated by his own party (and controlled since 1995). The Republican led SC House of Representatives overrode 105 of Sanford's 106 budget vetoes on May 26, 2004. The following day, Sanford brought live pigs into the House chamber as a visual protest against "pork projects". The pigs defecated on the House floor."

"He was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 1994, representing the Charleston based 1st Congressional District from 1995 to 2001. While in Congress, he was an advocate for Social Security privatization and restoring U.S. trade ties with Cuba. In 2000, he chose not to run again -in accordance with his pledge not to serve more than three terms."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Sanford

Too bad it's been suggested that he wants to return to private life.

Last edited:
Bush impeachment starts in 5....4....3....2...

You must be high. :) No WAY are the Dems going to go on record as being responsible for turning rule over to Mad Dog Cheney.

Plus, if they dare to dream about 1600 Penn in 2008, they need Bush to continue to bungle things up for the next two years, since they won't be able to blame "Republican rule on the Hill" anymore.

He's safer now than he's ever been IMO. Besides, as someone else (Widge maybe) has stated, incompetent is NOT the same as criminal.

Bush impeachment starts in 5...4...3...2...none

The Democrats won't do it unless there's a massive public outcry for it, which there won't be.

I am very curious how the contenders (both parties) might soften their vocal support for the war or soften their previous support for Bush/Rumsfield seeing that the election was a bit of a surprise and Rumsfield is the scapegoat.

It's officially Over for Allen!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15635543/

BREAKING NEWS
NBC News and news services
Updated: 11 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Sen. George Allen on Thursday conceded the Virginia race to Democrat Jim Webb, declining to push for a recount in a tight Senate race that was the last to be decided.

“I respect their decision,” Allen said of Virginia voters during a speech to supporters. “I called to congratulate Jim Webb and his team.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom