Demon's Souls (1 Viewer)

Just beat King Allant. Very tough. Make sure you're light enough to roll. Also beat Maiden Astraea. Only 4-2 and 3 left.

What level are you? I'm at 62 and it still gave me trouble.

Level 60..Guess I need to go grind out some more levels before heading down there.

EDIT: Alright, at level 63 I went back and was able to open the gate for the shortcut...this makes it so much easier to get to the end of the level. I killed the Penetrator and then one of the three phantoms before I died. The first phantom I pulled away was the swordsman, the second was the large guy with the spear and shield...he worked me over pretty well because I couldn't get him to do anything but block and quick stab me.

thats the exact reason i called it wonky puma

Yeah, I'll have some situations that I'll hit the R3 and it'll flop me around running the other direction instead of locking onto the target....and then I just get stabbed right in the back...there are some wonky controls on the game sometimes.

The game has its pros and cons just like every other game. The controls not working properly all the time, the game seemingly changing difficulty randomly and the complete lack of an actual story are the the biggest "cons" to me.

Game over. Final boss was a joke. 35-40 arrows and done. I'm a little disappointed.

Yeah I heard the final boss was kind of silly and super easy when compared to others

I didn't take any damage at all. Just stood there and he never even got close. Oh well. I'm definitely not playing NG+.

I've gotten my butt handed to me by the King several times now, so I've decided to just go ahead and wrap up the other things. Maneater is down, the Old Munk is down, the Blue Dragon of course is down (there's a spot just under him that I stood and just cast Soul Ray until he was dead). I'm going to knock out 4-2 and 4-3 tomorrow, then I suppose work on the Valley of Defilement since I've not really even paid attention to it yet. I did just pick up both Firestorm and Soul Thirst, so I might farm some more levels then see how well Firestorm works on some bosses.

For the king, if you don't mind using glitches then you can actually take over a third of his life away before you even fight him. Have the Thief's Ring equipped and don't move at all when you go through his fog door. You can see the top of his head and just shoot him with arrows until he's out of range. For the actual fight, you have to be able to roll and you need a spear. Or at least I did. Magic takes too long and arrows don't seem to work when he's close. And a sword will put you too close. Just keep your distance and roll out whenever he closes, heavy hitting him with the spear after he does a move.

It was definitely the hardest battle for me. 5 and 4-2/3 are easy as hell in comparison.

Yeah I'd heard about the arrow to the head glitch. I attempted it, but no matter what I did, I'd either shoot the arrow too high, or hit the top step on the stairs. And then if I even stepped a tiny bit forward, it'd start the fight. So eh, guess I'll have to just do this the old fashion way :)

2 years bump. Just bought a PS3 and Demon's Souls. Any advices? I'm a little scared cause I'm not a very patient guy! But I want a challenge and this seems like a great, great game. I also bought Max Payne 3 on the 360, so when I get too angry I'll switch to Max Payne 3. But can't wait to start it!!!!!

2 years bump. Just bought a PS3 and Demon's Souls. Any advices? I'm a little scared cause I'm not a very patient guy! But I want a challenge and this seems like a great, great game. I also bought Max Payne 3 on the 360, so when I get too angry I'll switch to Max Payne 3. But can't wait to start it!!!!!

Advice #1 - Get a NERF controller cause you're going to throw it
Advice #2 - For your first character, go with something that gets soul arrow at the start

Oh another piece of advice. This isn't a linear game in the sense that you must play 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 2-1, 2-2...etc etc. In fact, you'll need to jump around, like 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 3-1. 1-2..etc (thats not a suggested order, just an example)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom