Dennis Allen and Pete Carmichael seemed to gel really well against Tampa Bay (1 Viewer)

SaintsSupremacy

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I mean, we shut out Tom Brady and the offense did OK? It seemed like DA and Pete gelled really well and had cohesion on the sideline. We shut out the bucs without a star QB on our roster for Pete's sake (yes pun). Maybe if we're able to get either of these guys in the head coach position and keep the continuity, it may maintain the high quality football we expect from the team.

Does Carmichael have any QB guru skills to him? Or is he just a play designer/caller? Or there is more to him?

I mean, we shut out Tom Brady and the offense did OK? It seemed like DA and Pete gelled really well and had cohesion on the sideline. We shut out the bucs without a star QB on our roster for Pete's sake (yes pun). Maybe if we're able to get either of these guys in the head coach position and keep the continuity, it may maintain the high quality football we expect from the team.

Does Carmichael have any QB guru skills to him? Or is he just a play designer/caller? Or there is more to him?
Carmichael was a qb coach prior to becoming the saints OC. I think he was Drew’s QB coach in San Diego.

They've known each other for years, did you expect them to be fighting on the sideline?

I take that back. Payton hired him as our qb coach before he became the OC.

3 field goals is ok? I like the way you think....glass is half full.

I take that back. Payton hired him as our qb coach before he became the OC.
Ok thats even better. Maybe Carmichael can find a QB (draft/FA) and/or keep Jamies and work with them? Part of what made Payton so great was his ability to work and mentor QBs (Dallas - Romo, Nola - Brees, Jamies, Hill). Maybe Carmichael can take the helm in that regard.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom