Dennis Allen Another Year (1 Viewer)

sportsaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
So has Dennis Allen merited another year to develop the defense? What is the boards opinion of how he has performed as the DC and does everyone see development in the players, position groups? I'm just overall confused over seeming progress on that side of the ball, then you see them give up 41 points the other day. On the offensive side of the ball you have 2 games in a row where they can't score a TD, then come back to blow away the no. 1 defense? This is mainly about DA, but i'm flummoxed over the entire team. Maybe it truly starts at the top with Payton. Team is schizophrenic.

DA has been great. He and Aaron Glenn (DBs coach) were probably the two best coaches we had this year. Given the injuries and undeveloped players they had to work with, and the constant progress we saw from them, I say give DA another year or two and a healthy defense, and this unit could be a top 10 performing defense.

I wouldn't call him great, but he has improved. Tough to tell if he will work out or not given all the injuries. Would not mind Bradley now that the Jags let him go, but do not see Payton making a move.

Without a doubt he has earned another year. To improve our defense with the injuries we have had is impressive. They still have a long ways to go, but he has done a good job to keep those guys motivated through their failures and inexperience. A few more pieces and they should become exactly what we need to go along with our offense.

DA has been great. He and Aaron Glenn (DBs coach) were probably the two best coaches we had this year. Given the injuries and undeveloped players they had to work with, and the constant progress we saw from them, I say give DA another year or two and a healthy defense, and this unit could be a top 10 performing defense.

Yeah, I think if DA has a year with little to no injuries, and the guys have another year and off-season in his system, then the draft, and some play money in FA, then we could be looking at a great 2017. That's not an original thought, but just thinking on it is exciting. If Brees and the offense can get a few more pieces an they continue their offensive slaughter of other teams, we could be very happy, and Sean looks like a genius again. He and the front office must have to develop thick skin and have short memories to withstand the onslaught from bosses and fans alike when things go South.

Definitely deserves another year.

And not to nitpick because the defense did look pretty porous yesterday, but they gave up 35 points (Brees fumbled returned for a TD).

Yeah, I think if DA has a year with little to no injuries, and the guys have another year and off-season in his system, then the draft, and some play money in FA, then we could be looking at a great 2017. That's not an original thought, but just thinking on it is exciting. If Brees and the offense can get a few more pieces an they continue their offensive slaughter of other teams, we could be very happy, and Sean looks like a genius again. He and the front office must have to develop thick skin and have short memories to withstand the onslaught from bosses and fans alike when things go South.

I agree. Get Brees a couple of guards, and spend the rest of your money and assets on the defensive side of the ball. If we can get players in here that can pick things up like Fairley, Moore, and Robertson, and rookies like Rankins, Crawley and Onyemata we could have a very nice and surprising defense. But getting the two guards will help us on the other side of the ball as well (if that makes sense) because it will get our offense playing better and sustaining drives, and keeping our defense off the field.

Stats aside pressure has been increasing, coverage is better (fewer blown assignments) I think the defense has improved yugely over the last season. DA deserves at least another year.

I agree. Get Brees a couple of guards, and spend the rest of your money and assets on the defensive side of the ball. If we can get players in here that can pick things up like Fairley, Moore, and Robertson, and rookies like Crawley and Onyemata we could have a very nice and surprising defense. But getting the two guards will help us on the other side of the ball as well (if that makes sense) because it will get our offense playing better and sustaining drives, and keeping our defense off the field.

What you said makes a lot of sense. Again, not an original thought, but if Brees has time to put up points, it makes the other teams offense one dimensional and the defense only has to be average.

DA has done a decent job. He deserves another year. The other thing is Payton can't keep going through DCs like Kleenex. At some point, he's got to stick with a DC and let him develop his system (without meddling too much) with his players. That takes a couple of seasons at least.

He definitely deserves a full offseason and another full year to improve the defense yet again. Just keep improving.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom